• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bored out my throttle body...

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
Now I can fit a small kid through it! :thumbup:

DSCN6082_2.JPG

okay, I admit that it was just an excuse for posting a picture of my kid! :D

cute kid! It makes me nervous as my first little one is due in less than a month, I am just waiting for that call and rush to the hospital.

Skullvarian said:
cute kid! It makes me nervous as my first little one is due in less than a month, I am just waiting for that call and rush to the hospital.
Cripes, if that's all that makes you nervous, I'm sure the next few months will be a breeze...

:D

Skullvarian said:

We're expecting #4 in April.

Since you're gonna be a new dad, may I offer some advice?

First off, realize that most(but not all) women take a lot longer to deliver if it’s their first child.
Don’t be in such a rush.
If you get pulled over for speeding, or crash – Yikes! You will spend the rest of your life hearing the story repeated at every family get-together.

Drive the same or only slightly faster than you normally do.

Even if her water breaks, don’t freak. You still have a little time.

Don’t forget the camera! :thumbup:

Take some advil (for you, not her).
The pain you feel as she digs her nails into your arm/hands will be lessened.
(You think I’m kidding?…..I’m not!!!) :D

Don’t forget to take your phone book with you – or a list of friends/family that you plan on calling with the good news. party1:

===
===

There’s a lot more advice I could offer, but I’ll see if any of the dads here want to chime in…

Last edited:
You kids looks like he is enjoying himself.

My wife didn't want me touching her or anywhere near her for the longest time. I said fine, and that I was going out for a quick smoke since her friend had showed up. She starts crying.. don't leave me.. Then of course two seconds later she wants to pull my arm out of the shoulder..

Results will vary.. but something along those lines will happen.

Double that on the Advil.. Forgot that one on #1.. remembered by #2 and I wasn't lucky enough to get a flight to allow me to be there for #3.

I don't know about everyone elses wives, but my wife wanted to eat after she was in the recovery room, and she wanted it two days ago. It is fairly difficult to find someplace open at 4am that she will eat.

Right on, thanks alot guys. We only live about 2 miles from the hospital so that is good. We have already packed our bags for our stay and are going to tour the hospital March 14 (my birthday coincidentally) so I can plan the whole thing out. She has been a real trooper as far as hormones and weird moods, she even lets me spend $$ on my jeep as I please!! I am very excited and can't wait to see what all the hype about being a father is all about. Thanks all
Chris

RTicUL8 said:
There’s a lot more advice I could offer, but I’ll see if any of the dads here want to chime in…

All good advice! Here's one more.

Don't fall asleep in the delivery room...even if you are there for 18 hours
boohoo.gif

I been bored out my mind but never out my throttle body.

Bout the only 'mistake' I made was stopping at the duncan donuts on the way in to the delivery room at 0300. She even said it was OK, NOTE: they will tell you that they are not repsonsible for what they say during this period. I STILL hear about the DD stop...besides those 2 nurses and docs did good job on the 2 dozen I brought in with me...

RichP said:
"...they will tell you that they are not repsonsible for what they say during this period."

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: That is SO true!

Back