• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seafoam

its an xj thing

NAXJA Forum User
i have looked everywhere and i just dont understand the instructions given on the bottle.

i tried using seafoam once before like the instructions said, and i had no smoke or anything, and it didnt do anything. is there something i missed? as far as i can remember, the instructions said to pour it in the brake booster line slowely, and then shut the engine off and wait 5 minutes and start it again. did i miss something?

thanks for any help.

-matt-

I always poured it directly into the TB, careful NOT to hit the sensors. Thengine will want to bog down and shut off. open the TB by hand to keep it alive. I usually pour a half can in and let it die and sit for about 30-45 minutes. Then crank it back up and throttle it at about 1500 rpms until the smoke clears. I pour the other 1/2 into the crankcase.

I have a Q about pouring it into the CC, is it like chemtool where you idle it for 5min then change oil or do you run it like an oil aditive?

No I have run it for about an hour and it did not cause any problems on mine. I poured it in and then hit two short trails near my place then came home and changed the oil. I haven't run the stuff in a while since I got away from the bad gas in Cordova.

Did you put it in the part of the hose that sucks it into the engine or did you dump it into the brake booster?

hose from brake booster to manifold, remove from brake booster and put into seafoam can... suck up half, dump rest into CC or gas tank.

hose going into intake manifold... not into brake booster

Back