NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old July 11th, 2005, 20:40
NAXJA Forum User

solenoid

What does the solenoid farthest forward in an AW-4 tranny control. My old tranny would not move very well, felt like the parking brake was on when I tried to take off. Everything else worked well and I could even get up to speed and maintain it by manually shifting up as needed. The tranny shop said the forward clutches were bad, or at least the clutch used in D. I replaced the tranny with one from a junkyard. The solenoid closest to the front had been damaged during removal. The connector was broken when the person removing the tranny tried to pull the harness out. I took the one from my old tranny because the connector was still good. now the replaced tranny has the same problem. Did I transfer my problem with the old solenoid or is the tranny hosed from the get go. Thanks
JimP