• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwest Fest photos

You mean:
"Alex, why are the only pictures of your Jeep taken around the camp while it was getting fixed?"

Mc2KXJ said:
You mean:
"Twink, why are the only pictures of your Jeep taken around the camp while it was getting fixed?"

Fixded :D

Let it be known now and publicly. My nickname for Alex is officially, Twink. You all may utilize this as you see necessary and/or fit.

Last edited:
Mc2KXJ said:
You mean:
"Alex, why are the only pictures of your Jeep taken around the camp while it was getting fixed?"

That is NOT true :nono:
WE (I mean that in the multiple sense of the word) spent much more time working on his Jeep ON the trail than OFF the trail :twak:

Alex, not a problem. I expect you to replace it with a new one and give me the "spare" back when we are on the trail again. This way I know that you were able to get it all fixed back up :D

Michael

Here's what I have in no paticular order.

Los Lobos (Karl) working on getting stuck.
IMG_0679.jpg

Torx (Dustin) doing just fine.
IMG_0688.jpg

Me about to rethink my approach.
IMG_0692.jpg

Day two (Friday), random shots from our 4 hour trail run that lasted 9.
IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

Mojojojo (Rod) action shot.
IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

Cool pic of ?1SickHick?
IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

to be continued...

A posser shot on the far left side of the Funny Rocks
100_0732.jpg

A nice shot of a few of the rigs helping out the Canadian rig
100_0739.jpg

A shot of ED coming up the far right side of the Funny Rocks. He did a bangup job running open-open this weekend.
100_0726.jpg

Nice shot of the rigs on the way up the Funnies...
100_0717.jpg

A tard and a few sweet XJ's
100_0708.jpg

100_0703.jpg

100_0697.jpg

100_0699.jpg

100_0701.jpg

100_0715.jpg

100_0686.jpg

100_0696.jpg

Here are some of the photos I got. The trip was pretty fun but I wish I would have arived a hour ealier Friday so I could have got another run in! Man was the drive home hot, I had no problems over heating but with all the windows down and no A/C it felt like it was 130* inside the Jeep. The metal on my shifter handle was so hot you could only touch it for a seconds. I have never been that hot in a vehical before!

NWFest1.jpg

The view on the drive up to Naches, I believe it was White Pass. 80* and alot of snow.

NWfest3.jpg

Avanteone. Went right up the first time but couldn't get it the second time.

NWFest4.jpg

ComancheKid trying the same climb.

NWFest5.jpg

A small part of the Jeeps that attended NW Fest.

NWFest13.jpg

Cool mud picture.

NWFEst8.jpg

Andy and Rod catching up.

NWFest10.jpg

Some tire lifting action for 2xtreme!

NWFest11.jpg

Joe going up the same ledge, longarms made it easier do to the front end unloading less.

NWFest9.jpg

Me Climbing up Funny Rocks.

NWFest18.jpg

I forgot who this was but he had a sweet 1 ton V8 ZJ.

NWFest17.jpg

Rod on the right and Andy on the left. Here is what Andy said before attempting this ledge in his XJ. "I will try it what the heck, I won't break anything!"

NWFest19.jpg

Here is the outcome.

NWFest16.jpg

Note to anyone else out there who uses lift or lowering blocks. Throw them away! This kind of damage happens all the time when blocks are used. The damage was wasted shocks, u-bolts, blocks, and driveshaft u joint. I drove Andy into town which I believe was almost 40 miles away, picked up some parts, and came back to camp. Rod had fixed his driveshaft U joint "Thanks" while we were gone. Ken, Naxja member Los Lobos, Andy and I headed up to fix the broken Jeep. Everything went pretty smooth and we even had time to drive up to Moon rocks to check out the awesome view from the top at night. Hopefully Andy caught his flight back to visit his Dad.

NWFest15.jpg

We really didn't do any wheeling Sunday we just headed home. I ended up taking a forest service road a few miles from The Dalles that took us within a few miles of the Mt Hood Meadows exit off of highway 35. It was quite fun driving down this road in the middle of no where drifting corners, not a car or house in sight plus it was not near as hot as it was on I84.

anyone know of a chopped xj? its grey in color and has a rack on top with a roll bar in back? I just saw it drive by my work in SE portland. It was on Powell blvd. looks like he used the bottom half of the xj rear hatch to make into a tailgate. id say rollin on 33's maybe 35's? anyone know who this is?

2xtreme said:
Alex, not a problem. I expect you to replace it with a new one and give me the "spare" back when we are on the trail again. This way I know that you were able to get it all fixed back up :D

Michael

I was actually going to get you a new one, but I think what I am going to do is go with an Aluminum rad, I found some for $263 which doesnt seem that bad. If anyone else has a suggestion for a good replacement heavy duty radiator please let me know.

Willy and Dustin, the wiring diagram with the relay would be helpful as well as the type of radiator you put in Willy's jeep.

-Alex

Here is one of the videos. I have 2 more (Matt_West & TRSCobra) but I am too tired to upload them tonight so I will do it in the morning.

Mc2KXJ said:
Doug is itching from skeeter bites, you're itching from all the unprotected sex with the toyota guys.:nono: :twak:

:laugh: :laugh:

But didn't expect the onset to occur so soon!:cry:

Back