• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need: cruise control switch & fog light switch

mhopton

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched on the CC switch issue but can't seem to find anything specific. My 99 Classic, 4x4 recently lost CC - it worked fine until I can no longer turn it on, so I'm assuming just the switch went out.

How/where is it and can it be tested AND where can one be purchased.

Also, I know my fog light switch is bad - it's very intermittent. Any good locales for a new one, or just head to the yard?

thanks,
Mike

Turn the blower on high and switch the vents from dash, to defrost, to floor. Does the air flow switch or does it just blow out defrost? If only blows out defrost, you have a vacuum leak which will affect the CC as well.

No, I have good vaccum - air blows out the correct places. However, I do have the occasional problem of the air hardly blowing at all sometimes - it's weird. The fan will be turning on 1,2,3,or 4 but very little air is coming out of any position.

CC worked fine - no problems til the switch went out.

Does your horn work? If not, you could have a failed clockspring. I believe a symtom of a failed clockspring is an immediate loss of horn, and CC function.

Does the cruise indicator light on the dash come on when you turn it on or just nothing?

I think the Fog light switch is a dealer only item. I believe they're around $30 and tend to fail over time as they heat up.

Fog light switches are available from Autozone, Advance, NAPA, RockAuto, Ebay, several Jeep oriented retailers, and just about any Jeep dealership.

The parts stores sell aftermarket replacements- Airtex, Wells, Standard, Echlin, and several other manufacturers. Prices range from $30-50.

Not sure if this will help much but it's the schematic of the CC switches from the FSM. You should be able to test them to see if the switch assembly itself is bad or the problem lies elsewhere.

99CCSwitches.jpg

THanks for the fog light switch tips - that's an easy plug-n-play.

Saudade & 98, the horn still works and the CC worked fine until it stopped turning on/off, so I'm assuming the clock spring is ok. I lost the green light indicator that comes on in the dash, so I assumed that the switch was bad.

Not sure how to test the switch...I'm a banker, no mechanic. Where is the switch?

rockauto.com

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # DS1204
MoreInfo2.png

us.gif
ca.gif
Resume
getimage.php

$34.79

It's a Standard Motor Products part, should be available quite a few places.

Good. Note that there are two switches available, one with and one without "RESUME".

Back