• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre-Made/Custom Front Axle Options?

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not great at Fab work, and I'm not having luck finding anyone in the Northwest with reasonable pricing on putting something decent under my rig. So, its coming down to considering what some of the vendors offer for a bolt in 44/60 for the front.
I'm wondering who would be a good vendor to support for this, and on top of that, if there's one with a pretty reasonable price. I'd be looking for it to be locked, and if I can get it with real hubs that would be even better.
Anyone have an idea on pricing for some of these?

From what I've seen, unless you're incredibly lucky, a lot seem to be in the $3000-4000 range, which is rather steep, but building your own doesnt seem to be much better since in my area Dana 60s (HP front) seem to run around $1000-1400, meaning that by the time brakes, gears, detroit, etc get in there, its not much different, and then I still have to worry about fab work where as the one's from Dynatrac seems to be completely bolt in?

Anyway, just looking for some advice on what I can do. Thanks guys =)

Let your fingers do the walking. All you can do is call around for a complete axle quote. You mentioned Dynatrac, check with Currie about a 9" front and an Iron Jock rear. There are many shops that do axles these days, many using parts from Reider Racing, Solid Axle, Teraflex, etc. Look at adds in 4x4 mags and do some searching, plus there will be more recommendations in this thread.

Best of luck finding what you need, at a price you can afford.

Back