• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator in cargo area

JT86XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 86 xj with a Chevy 350 in it, Im goin to run the radiator in the cargo area, my question is what is the best way to run the lines, like material of the lines and where to run them, and im either goin to hack the roof off or run no windows, so it will have enough air to cool the engine down, along with bigger fans then i can run under the hood. Gimme some ideas

i have an 85 that i just put a 350 in and i am running the stock 2 pas rad for now with a toyota truck elec fan pushing because of the lack of room, would you post some pics of your install for me???? by the way i have a friend who's toy 4 runner has a rear rad and we set up a serries of aluminum tubes just inside the frame rails to plumb in the rad and only removed part of one ( drivers side ) rear window and mounted the rad there with a fan, good luck, we both are welders and had too much time on our hands at work!!!!! but it came out tops!!!

Last edited:
Back