• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Shocks

Motod6

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone no the valving specs for the RXJ701B rubicon express shock. They are the mono (made by bilstein) shock for 3.5, 4.5, and 5.5 lift.

I'm running the 7100 but valving # are the same, measured in Nm. Up front I have 255/100 and rear is 246/94. With a 30%increase in high speed rebound since I got hydro bumps. They run digressive valving. I'd give re a call to get the #s they have the same sticker. If they don't have it let me know and I'll get the #s. They guys at bilstein really know xj stuff. A few of th are running xjs. Or have in the past.

I drove a jk with them and was surprised at how it handled. And I hated every jk I drove so far except the one with the re mono tube..

Why not just buy Bilstein 5100's? Unless 255/70 is too soft for you.
Otherwise Bil 7100's are the way to go.

Although Bilstein does not publish the numbers for the XJ specific shocks, experience with them tells me they are softer than the 255/70.
I'll have to check the sticker of my 5100's, but IIRC they said 255/70 and they have the PN that matches what should be on an XJ.

Called RE and the tech didn't know the numbers. I blew a shock and re will replace it but I'm not sure I want to stick with them. Might go to a stiffer 5125

Back