• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control/Trailing arm bushings

manbeast

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if there was a special tool for the upper control arm bushings that are pressed in the brackets on the front axle? Or how is the best way to go about changing these bushings.

Yes, there was a special tool set Miller #7932, with bolt #7604 and nut #7603. Last complete set I saw on eBay was $259 and the seller would not come down below $225. The guts of it #7932 has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

I have used various combinations of sockets, washer, nuts, and all thread and also combinations of the control arm and ball joint press kits from Advance.

I think others use a hole saw and drill the rubber bushing out and then smash in the outer sleeve with an air chisel.

Use a hole saw to remove the bushing core, and a hammer and chisel or an air chisel to remove the shell. Press in a new bushing with a ball joint press.

Back