• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advice to choose a front receiver-hitch

Charley3

NAXJA Forum User
I want to have a receiver-hitch in front (mainly for D-ring tow point purposes). I want to explore solutions to get this while keeping my frontend lightweight.

I currently have a stock front bumper. I like a light frontend for better on and off road handling and gas mileage. Also, IME heavy frontends sink into soft ground, which I want to avoid. So I want to keep my frontend relatively light.​
Should I get a new front bumper with a built in receiver? If so, are there any lightweight options?

Should I get a front receiver that can be added to coexist with my stock bumper?

What you you recommend? Please post pics or links, if you can.

I bought a CURT model off of ebay for $60 and no hardware. I used two grade 8 bolts from the hardware store. You will drill two 1/2" holes and utilize the sway bar frame bracket bolts. The hardest part was feeding the two 1/2" bolts into the holes through the openings behind the bumper. Install took 30min.

I use it on my daily driver for recovery as I sometimes "light wheel" it and its my winter beater/beach rig/surf fishing rig

AKA, swiss army knife Jeep

IMG_20160808_155823945.jpg

i run a detours usa front backbone, it's a whinch bumper but it's not a full replacemnt like most. this one sits under your oem skin and has a point to put two 5/8 shackels. if you want to he can even put a hitch on it under the whinch, something i have talked to him about. customer suport is top notch.

Back