• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

B&M Transmission Temp Gauge - No Reading

You'd need a sensor range chart to be able to accurately tell, and it could depend on what style of temp sensor it is. Another idea is to use an ir temp gun and measure the temp of the sender and compare to the gauge
I checked it with the IR gun. The gun didn't read any hotter than 100 F on the T fitting or sender body, or any hotter than 110 F on the hard lines.

It still seems like the gauge has more resistance than it should, because the needle isn't even getting too 100 but maybe it's OK.

I'm going to give it a few weeks to find a warm day here and see if I can get it over 100. I don't think my transmission is in any critical danger, so I've got time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wait, are you just trying to hook up a gauge to the stock sender?

Many gauges use different resistances for different senders. Are you sure the ohm sweep is the same between the two gauges?

Wait, are you just trying to hook up a gauge to the stock sender?

Many gauges use different resistances for different senders. Are you sure the ohm sweep is the same between the two gauges?
My Cherokee is an '01. It doesn't come stock with any gauge nor does it have a port for one. I put a T-fitting in-line with the cooler OUT line going into the stock transmission cooler. The gauge was supplied with the B&M kit.

I actually think it's working. Over the past couple days, it's moved a good 1/8"-1/4", even though it still isn't hitting 100 F. I replaced my entire cooling system earlier this summer (all except heater core), along with WJ fan hub clutch and two dual electric fans in the front of the condensor. Perhaps it's just cooling so well in these cold Ohio temps that it won't reach 100 F in the tranny.....

I think I found my issue....reading the FSM I thought the cooler exit line went into the top of the radiator. So this is where my sensor is installed. Reading through these forums again I think it's the return line I installed my sensor on......

Well, I can say that this case can be laid to rest. My dumba$$ put the sensor on the return line like so (even though this looks correct per the FSM).

2b408bfea52f7ae3ad7540513548c708.jpg

For those who stumble upon this later, be sure to add your T-fitting to the feed line at the front of the tranny like so. Otherwise you'll be getting super low temp readings almost as if the sensor isn't working at all.

ef52d0af109b6a1192eb9107b4b1f5e2.jpg

Now she works like a charm :cool:

Back