• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dorman Exhaust Manifold Leak

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Dorman Header. Does any one know if there is a warranty on those ? I've had it less then a year and now it leaks. I have retightened every bolt and it still ticks. I can't find a crack, but unless it blew out the gasket there has to be one somewhere. If they are known for cracking can any one tell me about where theirs cracked. I have checked around the collector and where the sensors mount and I don't feel anything coming out around there. I hate that damn sound. Like fingers on a chalk board to me.
Thank you

All manifolds on the Cherokee crack regardless of brand. It's the design of the exhaust system. There is no flexible joint anywhere in the exhaust. Anytime you hit a bump or the exhaust moves that movement has to go somewhere, since there is nothing to "give" in the exhaust it flexes and fatigues the manifold eventually leading to a crack. They usually crack right around the weld on the collector.

I just replaced mine the other day and I couldn't see the crack anywhere but I could hear it. When I got it off, I found a very slight hairline crack right along the collector.

As far as the warranty goes, it should have one, but it all depends on where you bought it, if you have proof of purchase and if they feel like honoring the warranty.

i'm sure you already took care of this but mine cracked yesterday, or at least I found it then. O'reilly's has the Dorman for a replacement and they show a lifetime warranty. Was Gonna do APN but this will only be like $50 and don't have to wait to ship it, plus if it cracks O's is just down the street, no shipping it back for warranty.

I have one of those. Mine sounded like a rod was going out, but, it was a small chunk of gasket missing on #6 cyl. Bottom manf nut had worked loose a little so it started pass-un gas & eventually blew the piece out.

Back