• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 solenoids

Brfj666

NAXJA Forum User
so a few months ago when i got my $700.00 dollar special i replaced the solenoids in the tranny and it worked fine for a little while. but now i am back to shifting it manually. my question is do i need my solenoids? i dont mind shifting it manually but will this effect the tranny at all? any input would be nice. thanks!

all depends on what gears you are needing to shift manually. and if your solenoids are not working, you are probably not getting any torque converter lock up either. it would be best to fix the solenoids, and if you like shifting manually there are right ups on here on how to wire it up to do so and still keep the lock up.

um ok. so if i drive from texas to washington should i worry about my tranny?

I would not do it.

If the torque converter do not lockup, the AW4 could over heat going up hills on these hot summer days. In addition to the over heating, you would also be using a lot more fuel because of slipage in the transmission due to an unlocked torque converter.

Back