• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

232 crank vs 258 crank | race stroked motor

Nick675

NAXJA Forum User
I am entertaining the idea of using the 232 crankshaft with 3.500" stroke vs the 258 crankshaft with 3.895" stroke in my stroker because 1. I am building a race motor that will need fast response and 2. the engine will have turbos so I am not worried about making a big displacement motor.

I also have not decided whether I will use 4.0 (6.125"), 4.2 (5.875") or Eagle rods (6.150"). I'd like the Eagle rods for strength with boosting, but not sure I want the long rods.

I will be using forged pistons with 26-32 cc dish and possibly O ring block and head

I am basically writing this here to entertain ideas and thoughts from fellow experts

Hey,
Either long or short stroke should work well, but the forged pistons would be a good idea with a turbo. I have the KB 945's and I may do a rear-mount turbo at some point. The turbo will allow for the basic build to be moderate and it should make good power anyway.

Back