• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting CB antenna with stock antenna mount?

NickThePyro

NAXJA Forum User
So I just picked up a firestick 2 and all the mounting stuff and what nots. I was wondering if anybody bought stock antenna mount parts and mounted it on the drivers side of the hood and addapted it to use a CB?

Thanks,
Nick

gijosiahh said:
i remember seeing it on here....wish i could be more help..but at least now you know its out there. haha. good luck finding it.
Thanks :) I was searching and couldnt find anything but atleast I know it is possible.

If you do find it or some body knows about it, definitely post it up. I am not very happy with my magnetic mount.

Chris

I did something similar to this. My origional idea was to make the antenna look origional, by getting the little black piece that the radio antenna mounts to. When I was working on the project I found out that you will have to make you own base to mount the antenna to because the drivers antenna doesn't have the piece inside the fender like the passenger side has.

I just took a piece of steel and made a mount for the CB antenna. I may still try to modify the little black piece to fit on the drivers side with the CB antenna. I just haven't had time to mess with it.

DSC01833.jpg

DSC01843.jpg

Back