• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where Does This Hose Go?

90renixxj

NAXJA Forum User
Last edited:
It's a vacuum hose, it runs behind your engine along the firewall to the vacuum canister under your battery. The vacuum runs your HVAC blend doors, cruise control etc.

Previous owner got rid of the canister so I guess I just ignore the line? Can I remove it so it doesn't drive me nuts? Thanks

Just get a canister at the JU and fix it right.

ETA: your canister may still be behind the PS front bumper.

I just went and double checked and yes the heat/air only comes out the top defrost vents.. if that's the only downfall of having the canister off I'm fine with that. It's mostly just a weekend warrior anyways. What're your guyses thoughts?

I just went and double checked and yes the heat/air only comes out the top defrost vents.. if that's the only downfall of having the canister off I'm fine with that. It's mostly just a weekend warrior anyways. What're your guyses thoughts?
Well if its just open then you should have a vacuum leak as well (high idle, poor fuel econ etc). I would just put a canister in and be done with it.
I used this one in my Renix:

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-HELP-...id=1490155358&sr=1-5&keywords=vacuum+canister

Relocated it to under the coolant expansion tank.

Okay yeah maybe I'll just get the canister and be done with this crap.. What is the benefit of the previous owner getting rid of it to begin with? Maybe since it's an aftermarket bumper he was to lazy to remount it? Also once the canister is in I think I'll redo all the vac lines as well. On a side note anyone know what the thing circled in green is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW my son just has his canister sitting in his engine bay on the passenger side with the vacuum line(s?) running to it. As he has it I don't see why a late model unit would not work.

Having it like he does, though, would drive me crazy.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll probably mount mine under the coolant tank or somewhere on the other side in the bay

There should be room to mount either the renix or larger HO/late model behind the bumper. The High Output basically has the same bumper setup as the renix bUT with the larger canister .

The bumper may be a problem but water won't be.

Anyone know where I can get a canister for it? Part number is 33002870 but it's discontinued and can't find it anywhere..

If you don't have or use Cruise Control, that tank should work OK, providing you find a place to mount it.

Are the vac lines intact? There are a couple of check valves inline to conserve vacuum under high engine load.

Worst case is your hvac vents flip to defrost while accelerating or climbing a hill, then flip back once you back off the throttle.

Is there a different tank that you would recommend rather than that one? Why wouldn't that tank work with cruise? I am thinking about just buying all new vacuum wiring harnesses front and rear as well as the canister and starting from scratch. I found a COMP Cams as well would you recommended this one over the other? Why? https://m.summitracing.com/parts/cca-5200
Thanks

Back