• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD battery terminals made for accessories

nicpaige

NAXJA Forum User
Between, lights, winch, other accessories I need battery terminals made to hookup more than one accessory. What do you all recommend?

I've used the brass marine terminals for 12 years now with zero corrosion.

I was worried the wingnuts on top would cause clearance problems under the hood, but it fits great. I use a group 65 battery (more reserve capacity and ccas than stock size). It's a slightly taller size, but still fits just fine under the hood.

Marine or military style terminals. Or you could even get some sort of junction block if you feel you need more substantial wiring for enough components.
Otherwise, consider running a 34/78 battery with dual terminal types for more.

Nice to know there are more than a few alternatives for battery post clamps!

buss bars for low amp stuff. relays, etc. those marine terminals look good too.

Next time you buy a battery, go for a marine version. will have posts and threaded studs

I like the gold plated ones that the Stereo places sell.
2PCS-Gold-Plated-Car-Auto-Positive-Nagative-font-b-Battery-b-font-font-b-Terminal-b.jpg

There was one of those on Scope Creep when I bought it. I am not impressed with how they hold up over time.

I have no doubt they are nice and shiny when new, but that beauty doesn't go very deep.

I run the Painless Wiring 7 circuit block for my Jeep. Has 3 constant hot and 4 ignition hot prewired circuits with dual relays. Used for my bumper lights, A-pillar lights, dash cams, XM box, rock lights, rear 12v outlet, and the relay for my OBA. Has a nice clean look installed and you can pull it and all accessories if you ever sell the vehicle as well. Run the 3 circuit in my Ford Ranger for Fog lights, bed lighting, and dash cam. Had my Ranger unit for almost 20 years now, still original Bosch relay on it!

Main point is that is a single main 10ga wire and relays rated for 40a, so you only have one connection to deal with at the battery.

I hate these. The wire never stays tight, and they always end up a problem later. The military or marine terminals are by far the best with crimped or soldered copper lugs.

Dude he is trolling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude he is trolling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK! I don't feel so bad about my ghetto approach to battery cable clamps. The only time I have a problem is when I disconnect a cable, and forget to tighten the clamp when I reconnect.

No, I am not trolling.

003.jpg

Back