• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! What shock bushing to buy?

jjnavarro

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I really did it this time, and I'm stumped

I decided to remove the bar pins from my OME front shocks and make bar pin eliminators from my rear sway bar that was lying around. In the process of removing the bar pins, I totally destroyed the bushings.

What kind of bushings do I buy?

-Shock eyelets Inner diameter: 1"
-Metal eyelets for bar pin eliminator Inner Diameter (will go through center of bushing): 11/16"
-Shock eyelets width: 1"
-Bar pin eliminator inner width: 1 1/4"

This would lead me to believe that I need bushings with the following dimensions:
OD 1" x ID 11/16" x 1" to 1 1/4" wide

I can't find bushings with these measurements anywhere.
What type of bushings do I need? Where do I find them?

My rig is a 99XJ.

Buy rubber or poly bushings from the Internet or you auto parts store. There are only a few mostly universal sizes. I have brought home serviceable shock bushings from the junkyard.

Use a sleeve if the bolt is smaller than the bushing ID. If the bushing eye is undersize, it is possible to fit a slightly oversized bolt, or have somebody bore out the ID.

I got some daystars from amazon cheap

I'm getting pretty good at dredging up old posts with the search feature. In this case I'm looking for exactly what the OP asks here but he did not follow up with the solution, aka, part numbers, methodology.
If you're still here please let me know, or I can shoot a PM I guess.

Thanks.

I really did it this time, and I'm stumped

I decided to remove the bar pins from my OME front shocks and make bar pin eliminators from my rear sway bar that was lying around. In the process of removing the bar pins, I totally destroyed the bushings.

What kind of bushings do I buy?

-Shock eyelets Inner diameter: 1"
-Metal eyelets for bar pin eliminator Inner Diameter (will go through center of bushing): 11/16"
-Shock eyelets width: 1"
-Bar pin eliminator inner width: 1 1/4"

This would lead me to believe that I need bushings with the following dimensions:
OD 1" x ID 11/16" x 1" to 1 1/4" wide

I can't find bushings with these measurements anywhere.
What type of bushings do I need? Where do I find them?

My rig is a 99XJ.

Back