• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 2000 or newer 0331 4.0 Head

Jerms

NAXJA Forum User
I need a replacement 0331 head for a 2000 WJ. The head will need to be at a minimum rebuildable. Please let me know if you have an item and are willing to part with it.

Thanks

Jeremy

I'm well aware of the risks of an 0331 head. Unfortantly i don't have the funds and time to try and mod everything to make work with an 0630 head, as that will require major exhaust mods. Thanks for the tip but unfortantly that won't work for me.

Jerms

Problem is the 2000 and newer have 2 exhaust manifolds and 2 down pipes. Each down pipe has a small catalytic converter right after the exhuast manifold. This makes for 4 o2 sensors 2 before cats and 2 after cats. Now the exhaust ports on the 0331 head are signifcantly smaller than the 0630 head. So when you bold an 0331 exhaust manifold on an 0630 head there is a gap and a leak. Which means that you will have to use the older exhaust manifolds and causes major problems with the computer since the older exhaust doesn't allow for the use of 4 o2 sensors. I really do appreciate the advise and if you know of an easy way to get around my problem please let me know.

Back