• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deep creek next Sunday 9/28 anyone?

mgolden

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, you KNOW you all should test out your work before you go to Moab, right?

My brother is going to be in town from Nebraska, so I want to show him some trails. He has a FSJ Wagoneer back in NE.

I was thinking a run from Hook Creek rd. in Lake Arrowhead to 2N26 to 3N34 and out Crab Flats. It's a bit hairy in spots with a couple nice boulder gardens. I'd say at least a 3" lift is required, and either skid plates and rocker protection, or a casual attitude towards body damage. :p

It's a bit of a short trail, so if anyone wants to play on any of the other trails in the area too, I'm game!

-Mike

I'm game for a Sunday run. Post up the details when you get them Mike. Anyone else ?, Ray ?, others ?.

I might go but my jeep is acting up. Its not running on all 8 cyls off idle for some god forsaken (sic) reason. It backfires once and a while and has no power. Damm Chrysler products... Should have bought a Toyota.

Mike J Rollins please give me a call to help trouble shoot or else help me shoot it full of 30-06, 223, 30-30...

Ray

Pencil me in.:cool:

That is unless Ethan gives me what he's got. No Bueno:(

Tim

Ray,

Yes..... as far as I know the Garands are still available. For the amount they are going for you can purchase a winch or 2 lockers.
If you want to shoot a Garand... lets go out to Jacumba one of these weekends. I know a mesa where we can target shoot.

Here's the game plan for Sunday:

Meet at my house in Arrowbear at 9:30am, and from there we will either head around the corner to Crab Flats and run it that way, or cruise over to Lake Arrowhead and run it back to Crab Flats.

Directions:

Take 30 to 330 towards Running Springs / Big Bear. Go up to Running Springs where 330 turns into 18 (just stay on the main road, follow the signs to Big Bear). Right after Running Springs you will be in the booming metropolis of Arrowbear. After you pass the Arrowbear fire station on the right, there will be a dirt road to the left called Upper Boulder. Turn there, and I'm the 3rd house on the right. 33030 Upper Boulder, Arrowbear.

See you there!
-Mike

Mike, if we are going to go up deep creek why not meet there?That way we don't have to drive to arrowbear and then back down to deep creek. Those of us coming up the hill could save some time. Just a thought. Dave

I was thinking we would run it from the Crab Flats side, which is right around the corner from my house. Either way, it's only like 2 miles to Lake Arrowhead from here.

-Mike

Back