• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Brake Issue

Thanks, I am aware of that, that is why I specifically asked the where question.

I have had one leak out the rear also, a used one that was good at the time (no leaks, only a year old from being new), it took out a new Vacuum booster on me 10 years ago about 2 months after I replaced the VB. Now I replace both if I replace the booster.

I have tried 5 new MCs from 3 vendors on the theory mine might be an internal MC leak. Either all five are defective (1987 Renix in my case) or it is something else. I am starting to think mine might be a bad knuckle, notches on the rail the disk brake pads slide on on the knuckle. The fact that I have 5 other vehicles, 2 are also Renix 87-89 and an 85 XJ that the same vendors MCs work on also has me doubt mine is an MC issue.

OH, and BTW, I don't need to impress any one on NAXJA, thanks, they are already impressed. LOL.

But just for the record, what is wrong with my choice to answer one post at a time, as my time permits, and as I read one post at a time?

That said, thanks for mentioning the MQ button, that I was not aware existed. :cheers: But the conditional insult was not needed.:rolleyes:

I know that the problem has apparently been solved, but a MC can bypass the seals internally without leaking into the booster, or just leak fluid into the booster so level drops but you never see it.

The new one I just bought was leaking internally so it filled up my booster!

BTW: unless your trying to impress everyone, you really need to learn how to use the "multi-quote" button!

Adjust the rear brakes so the shoes are snug against the drums. Other than that, its most likely air in the system somewhere, and since the master cylinder is new, start there. Bench bleeding it properly before install is important.

Back