• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OTK WJ knuckle swap. What could go wrong?

I've lifted many a vehicle that way, never had an issue. Way back in the day when I built my first buggy I got it all done and couldn't figure out how to get it off the table. Ended up lifting one end up and putting it on jackstands that were on a stack of wood blocks, then engine hoisting the other end, rolling the table out of the middle and put the wheels on. It was sketchtastic.

EDIT: Found the pic

100_6246.jpg

Last edited:
I've lifted many a vehicle that way, never had an issue. Way back in the day when I built my first buggy I got it all done and couldn't figure out how to get it off the table. Ended up lifting one end up and putting it on jackstands that were on a stack of wood blocks, then engine hoisting the other end, rolling the table out of the middle and put the wheels on. It was sketchtastic.

cribbing is a legitimate practice!

EDIT: Found the pic

100_6246.jpg

yea, but was yours hooked through the eye of the winchline, which is not rated for lifting?

I apologize if I missed all this but two questions:

1. How did you index the track bar mount prior to welding?
2. Did you add sway bar mounts?

I am in the middle of this upgrade - well done!!

Back