• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

snapped high steer bolts

XJKONG

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 44 knuckle with high steer that has 2 snapped bolts in it. I have tried everything and every tool I have trying to get them out. I cant drive it anywhere until I get at least 1 of them out and replaced.

Any home garage suggestions that might get the job done?
or
anyone in the Charlotte/Matthews area with a portable welder that would weld on a nut so I could try to remove it with a wrench?

I have a 44 knuckle with high steer that has 2 snapped bolts in it. I have tried everything and every tool I have trying to get them out. I cant drive it anywhere until I get at least 1 of them out and replaced.

Any home garage suggestions that might get the job done?
or
anyone in the Charlotte/Matthews area with a portable welder that would weld on a nut so I could try to remove it with a wrench?

Pull the knuckle off and take it to a machine shop?

I'd do it if I were closer...

Extraction set? How far down is it broken off? Could you remove the arm to get to the bolt?

5VUC8_AS01

Yea pictures always help us help you. I'm not far from Matthews South of there about an hour.

Back