• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap lift parts question

negativecreep

NAXJA Forum User
im looking to do a cheap lift with blocks and spacers. ive already found 2" coil spring spacers ($40 for the pair) for the front but am having a hard time finding a 2" block for the leafs in the rear. anybody got any suggestions on where to find something or could one of you metal workers out there cut me some custom blocks? is this type of lift (retaining stock shocks) dangerous or not recommended? im not looking for more than a couple inches and trying to save as much $$ as possible. this is for a 89 jeep wagoneer limited

the cross brace bit on these ones i used goes down farther, so i dont belive it will be an issue. when searching before i bought these i saw that thread, so i made sure to buy some that had it.

thanks for the replies people, i may end up going with the shackles. are they pretty strong though? i dont do a whole hell of a lot off road and when i do its never very difficult of a trail but that picture of the bent shackle makes me cringe. also sorry if this is a newb question but do i just need a single set of those from http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.a.../categoryid/30 ? i dont know anything about lifting (seems straight forward enough) but i plan on doing the work myself with the help of a friend

Last edited:
First of all there is no such thing as a cheap lift believe me! Once u lift ur rig u either run into problems that need to be corrected, those cost money and then u also get lift fever. I personally went with a short AAL in the rear with 1.5" shackles and a long springs in the front. I then ran into drive line problems in the front and had to replace that as well as my track bar. I went with a cheaper lift and ended up spending more. There are still a few things that I would like to do to make it a more solid rig on the trail. Just do ur homework and figure out what would best suit ur budget and the way u use ur rig on the trail.

Good Luck

Back