• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

combining warrior bumper / C4x4 D-Rings

mellowvision

NAXJA Forum User
Hey! it's been a while since I've posted round here, haven't had much time for working on the xj... but it's been running great.

I have been looking at bumpers... I have an 89 with stock bumpers, and have Custom 4x4 Fab. D-Ring brackets in the front. I like how simple and cheap the Warrior Products bumper is. (You can't beat 130 bucks!) I've read here a speculation that the mounting points for the bumper are not long like the C4x4 brackets, and not suitable for towing. That's fine, I don't plan on doing any pulling or towing with the bumper, I have the D-rings and would like to keep them... anyone know if the two will interfere with each other if installed together? Can I do this?

http://www.warriorproducts.com/catalog_new/pages/cherokee-bumper/cherokee-bumper.html

Do you have any pictures of the D-Rings, I can tell you about the details of the bumper, but I'm not familiar with the D-Rings.

By the way the Warrior 561 and 56051 have D-Ring hooks in the front of them.

A friends XJ with a Warriorr bumper abd Rusty's tow hook brackets.
deer008.jpg

bowhunter said:
A friends XJ with a Warriorr bumper abd Rusty's tow hook brackets.
deer008.jpg

Will you ask your friend if I can use this picture on the Warrior website? Thanks in advance.

edit - haha i just noticed the welders screwed up on this one, used d-ring bumper upright plates on the brush guard. the non d-ring ones stretch down an inch further. either that or its just the only set of plates they had made at the time back there. This bumper has gotten pretty popular, we're pretty much constantly making them, and its among the top 10 most viewed pages on the warrior site.

Last edited:
You know, that really is a nice looking bumper and for as cheap as it is, it might be a good platform for a few modifications that would make it suitable for more serious trail duty-------Hans

Oatmeal said:
You know, that really is a nice looking bumper and for as cheap as it is, it might be a good platform for a few modifications that would make it suitable for more serious trail duty-------Hans

I hear that, I've been thinking about picking up one of these before they go to powdercoat and modifying it to have a single small front bar and setting in a winch plate for myself. But I'm still stuck on going 1.75" tube style

Jason-RJR said:
Will you ask your friend if I can use this picture on the Warrior website? Thanks in advance.

edit - haha i just noticed the welders screwed up on this one, used d-ring bumper upright plates on the brush guard. the non d-ring ones stretch down an inch further. either that or its just the only set of plates they had made at the time back there. This bumper has gotten pretty popular, we're pretty much constantly making them, and its among the top 10 most viewed pages on the warrior site.

That would be my Cherokee. I WAS running a trimmed factory bumper before I got it. Made All the difference, much better looking, and I like having a brush guard.

BTW, I've sent you a PM.

mellowvision said:
any chance you have a photo of the mounting points with that set up? that is essentially what I am looking to do, except with the bare bumper.

I'm sure it's the same as my set up except the D-rings I have are from Rustys. You remove the tow hooks, and mount a block of steel to the tow hook brackets that the D-rings mount on. I fabbed up a brace for mine that ties the two brackets/D-ring mounting blocks together. That way I would be spreading the load across both frame ends in case I had to be pulled from the side.

Back