• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Cherokee rebuild

scan7034

NAXJA Forum User
Hello I’m kind of new to the Cherokee thing, not new to wheeling. Had a 69 Bronco for 30 years that was locked up front & rear with 4.88s & long arms up front. But had to sell it & my 03 F350 6blow in 14 to get a newer 13 F350 so that being said I inherited a 99 Cherokee that both my boys had as their first vehicle on last 2 years of high school that I picked up from police auction it was parks rig. I put 4” lift 33” tires, 3.73s & built a cage & bumpers for them. Now that it’s mine this is what I have for it I’m welding in 1/8” center uni body support, steering box support & behind bumper supports, 6” rubicon expresse coils , rugged ridge long arm & tie rod, lockers for front & rear, 4.88s , 35” tires, high flow water pump, new rear main seal & high flow oil pump. Is there something I’m missing? Do I need to weld in support for all of the uni body or is the center & bumpers good? This is not going be rock crawler, it’s going to be a trail/hunt rig. Sorry so long. Thank You

Are you making the frame stiffeners or are you buying them? I would go with something a little bit thicker than 1/8". And i would do frame stiffeners from front to back if it were me. What are your plans for lifting the rear? Seems like a good start so far and should be pretty capable when done.

I’m making them myself & I ended up going with 10 gage, I got a good deal on the sheet. I just finished welding in the center section today. On the rear I have Rusty’s 4.5 leaf springs & 2.5 shackles. I’m going to try & post some pics later.

Back