• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle shafts, are they almost all made the same?

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
Gents,

A ways back i regeared and found a lot of information supporting gears being manufactured by one place and having multiple companies slap their packaging on them.

Is this at all similar for axle shafts? Yukon, g2, alloy,revolution,motive, dutchman........

On a side note does anyone prefer 4140 chrome vs 1541h?
Thank you for any insight

I don't know about all, but there's probably just a few manufacturers that do all of the actual supplying. I ended up going with Ten Factory shafts, which was started up by Ron Stobaugh who left Alloy USA, and he kept the same shaft supplier. I think Motive is hooked up with Ten Factory. There isn't a whole lot on the market that's truly individualized; a lot of companies even use identical part numbers for their shafts.

Pretty sure all of the performance shafts for the D30 are 4340 and the ones for the 8.25 are 1541H, so unless you've swapped the factory axles for something else there isn't much to worry about comparing the two there.

Ide thought that might be case. Didn't want to pay Yukon money if they are the same axles as others. Does anyone have specific knowledge to their axles and manufacturing?

Last edited:
OX has chromo shafts now too, not sure who they are made by tho

For 8.25 or d30?

Thanks for trying to help everyone, I know these topics get beat to death usually, but I'm trying to narrow the question as I haven't researched any comprehensive threads for axle manufacturing in relation to vendors.

:read:

they make em for both. itll prolly be where I order chromos for my 8.25
For the D30 im prolly gonna get grand Cherokee CV axles and keep the u-joint axles as backups

Back