NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA's Technical Forums > OEM Tech Discussion
Register FAQ Users List Calendar Mark Forums Read
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Donate Bylaws Store Members Chat E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old August 6th, 2017, 21:25
NAXJA# 2091

Re: The force was strong with this one, Oil filter nightmares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent View Post
Are they hosted on another site?
No they are hosted right here on Naxja in my member photos file folder.

Have you tried the direct html links in text I posted?
34 MPG , '85 2WD Cherokee Pioneer with custom installed, 64 hp, 2.2 L Nissan SD22 Diesel 5 spd Manual; & 4 Renix XJs, '87 Wagoneer 4.0, 4WD, 89-Cherokee, 4WD, '87 Cherokee 2WD, & '89 Cherokee Pioneer 2WD, all 4dr. #2091

Last edited by Ecomike; August 6th, 2017 at 21:29.
Old August 6th, 2017, 21:30
NAXJA Member

The pictures look fine on my computer screen
Old August 6th, 2017, 21:32
NAXJA Member

So what moron put the filter on so tight it was this hard to get off?
Old August 6th, 2017, 21:39
Only Slightly Psychotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by md21722 View Post
The pictures look fine on my computer screen
Well I'm obviously not smarter than the problem. I'm not seeing them. I'm on my phone, I'll have to check with my 'puter.
'87 MJ 4.0 AW4 231 D-44 stock-ish
Old August 6th, 2017, 21:42
NAXJA# 2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by md21722 View Post
So what moron put the filter on so tight it was this hard to get off?
Local oil change place I have used for years until now.

34 MPG , '85 2WD Cherokee Pioneer with custom installed, 64 hp, 2.2 L Nissan SD22 Diesel 5 spd Manual; & 4 Renix XJs, '87 Wagoneer 4.0, 4WD, 89-Cherokee, 4WD, '87 Cherokee 2WD, & '89 Cherokee Pioneer 2WD, all 4dr. #2091
Old August 6th, 2017, 21:43
NAXJA# 2091

Quote:
Well I'm obviously not smarter than the problem. I'm not seeing them. I'm on my phone, I'll have to check with my 'puter.
I just read something about androids have issues with .jpeg image / file display. It can also be settings on your system.
Old August 6th, 2017, 21:47
The 97 Club

Tim don't feel bad I can't see them on all 4 of my computers. OK the grandkids computers. But I bought them for school. HaHaha
Old August 6th, 2017, 21:47
NAXJA# 2091

Quote:
So, they are a no show on my android phone using Google Chrome as the browser. And Opera on my PC does not display them, but my normal browser, Firefox shows them. I only use Opera for streaming videos, and Firefox for every thing else. I use the smart phone for phone calls, LOL. And sometimes to check email
Old August 6th, 2017, 21:56
NAXJA Member

I use Chrome. I opened the page with IE and can see the pictures.
Old August 6th, 2017, 22:07
NAXJA# 2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoid View Post
I use Chrome. I opened the page with IE and can see the pictures.
Then you can see that my earlier attempt crushed the middle of the can and failed to get it to turn using the chain-strap wrench? I left it there to double up with the 3 foot breaker bar to double team the sob if needed, LOL.
Old August 6th, 2017, 22:23
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecomike View Post
Local oil change place I have used for years until now.

Does this mean you will stop doing your own oil changes?
Old August 7th, 2017, 07:01
Mostly Harmless

So it's not just me?

I haven't totally lost it?

(Or at least, this isn't the evidence that proves I have totally lost it.)

I am on Firefox, Windows 7. No pics. Not even in the linkys. Just the teeny tiny white square.

Old August 7th, 2017, 08:03
NAXJA Member

Not getting any pictures. Windows XP, and on Opera now.., but then for the past few days I have not been able to get into my yahoo email account..; due to an error 49. However I could get to my account via FoxFire. Seems there are some disruptions throughout the net.., yet no one is talking about it. However I think I must upgrade to a more up to date OS, and higher versions of everything else. Of course my only getting 46.2 kbps on a good land line session does not help much either when the net is congested with lots of traffic.

EcoMike; Did you forget to put a swipe of oil on the oil filter base 'o' ring? Could it be that the rubber melted somewhat in, and around the casted steel? I have had a couple of tight ones before in life, on different vehicles, and only had to use a screwdriver those twice times due to difficult areas to reach 'em.
1989 Base RENIX XJ, 4.0,BA10/5,NP231,(200k+), no A/C, OME: 2" HD; coils, leafs, Nitro Sport shocks, T-Case spacer. KevinsOffRoad; steering box brace, HardKor Track Bar, stabilizer. JKS sway bar discos, (tossed out rear sway). Warn M8000 in ARB Kangaroo Bumper. OEM 15" steel wheels; 30X9.50 Dynapro muds, OEM 15" alloy wheels; 27" Blizzacks. Recycled oem seats. CIBIE/OSRAM head lights w/protective rock mesh guards. Replacement windshield, Rain-X wipers.
Old August 7th, 2017, 08:40
NAXJA# 2091

I did not install that oil filter. Yes the oring was oiled first.

I was on my death bed the last 3 years, at one point I could not stand up or sit up with out help, or even use a fork and knife to cut food. I am back doing heavy duty wrenching for now, until my RE flares up again.

I had a local shop my kids and I used for years do the oil & filter changes. But my son's filter was leaking weeks later, and was three turns loose by hand last year (so they have screwed up before).

On this one they used the 1" nut on top of the K&N filter to torque it in place, and they must have gone way overboard from the looks of the compression marks on the flat o'ring seal. But when I first tried to remove it the socket rounded off the nut on top of the filter it was so tight. Never, ever had that problem before. No, the rubber was not melted but it was torqued down like its life depended on it, LOL.

This was ten times worse than removing the the oil filter adapter to change o'rings 10 years ago, LOL!! I had to use a 3/4" drive set up, the torque I had to use, probably would have busted a 3/8" drive tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan89XJ View Post
Not getting any pictures. Windows XP, and on Opera now.., but then for the past few days I have not been able to get into my yahoo email account..; due to an error 49. However I could get to my account via FoxFire. Seems there are some disruptions throughout the net.., yet no one is talking about it. However I think I must upgrade to a more up to date OS, and higher versions of everything else. Of course my only getting 46.2 kbps on a good land line session does not help much either when the net is congested with lots of traffic.

EcoMike; Did you forget to put a swipe of oil on the oil filter base 'o' ring? Could it be that the rubber melted somewhat in, and around the casted steel? I have had a couple of tight ones before in life, on different vehicles, and only had to use a screwdriver those twice times due to difficult areas to reach 'em.
Old August 7th, 2017, 08:46
NAXJA# 2091

It must be a menu setting in Firefox that you have disabled that when enabled displays certain image types? Google "jpeg image no showing firefox setting"

Cell phones may require super small special images for downloading to solve the band width issues? Chrome on Android does not display jpeg images by default. I could not find any software (free) that I could download for changing the images to the old(?) jpg image format. And my photoshop software is on the other laptop I need to fix (Cooling fan is bad), another roundtoit project. I had already had to download and use resizing software but neither one I tried for on line images let me create jpg images. I am not even sure it is an image format issue with you guys????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
So it's not just me?

I haven't totally lost it?

(Or at least, this isn't the evidence that proves I have totally lost it.)

I am on Firefox, Windows 7. No pics. Not even in the linkys. Just the teeny tiny white square.