• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shifting issue after rains

kyle_inreallife

NAXJA Forum User
87 wagoneer 4.0 aw4

It rained last week. I drove around through some deep puddles and everything was fine. After it stopped raining I was just driving home normally, came to a stop light, it turned green and I accelerated and all of a sudden my tranny decided it didn't want to come out of first. I pulled all connectors from trans to throttle body cleaned and dried them out and still the same issue.

If i pull the in line tcu fuse, I can shift manually just fine. I pulled and cleaned nss, tested power to tcu (fine) so I started thinking TPS issue.

I fiddled around with it some and got it to shift automatically for a time, although it waited until about 2500-3000 to upshift.

I had spare TPS and after doing cruiser54s sensor ground upgrades I put it on. I was able to adjust tps/ecm voltages to just about right and it ran smoothly, however it is the same adjustment for the tps/tcu voltages and i can't seem to get those right.

Bad tcu or bad tps?

Also, PO put in hood vents so I'm sure some water got onto the tps/ throttle body area...what threw me off was that I didn't have any issues until after it had stopped raining entirely and I was driving on dry asphalt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back