• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"The Walking Dead" on AMC

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
Kind of surprised this thread doesn't already exist, considering how popular zombie themed threads are around here.

Anybody watching it? Thoughts?

I like these zombies. Not too dangerous in 1 or 2's, or even 3's if you have a second person. Come swarms of them, then you're up shit creek. Even with a hero that has sharp shooting skiills, he's bound to meet challenges. And I like how these zombies are more intelligent than your average RE series zombie but less agile than 28 Days/Weeks Later.

I'm enjoying it so far. I noticed at the campsite outside of the town one of the vehicles sitting there is a Suzuki Samurai. My XJ is gonna be a zombie apocalypse survival vehicle.

The only thing vehicle-wise I've noticed so far is whoever put together the sets has never seen the inside of an M-1 Abrams. Also, I'm not sure but I don't think the M-1 has a bottom escape hatch.

Interesting that these zombies seem to track on sound and smell.

I saw the first episode, and I liked it alot! Im a strong believer that something like this could happen.

Can you watch it online anywhere?

I am a zombie fan, been hooked since the first "Night of the Living Dead".

I like "The Walking Dead" so far. Never heard of the comic book series, guess that is because I stopped reading comic books in the early 60s--about the time I discovered women were more fun than girls.

I'm somewhat amazed at those refugees living out in the open--not the best living arrangements in a zombie outbreak in my opinion.

Also, they seem to be lacking in firepower department, seems there should be a lot of M16A2s and M4s lying around, unless zombie graves registration is policing up the area.

I do like it though, but I've only seen the first two episodes on an AMC channel free preview on Dish Network and I don't know how long that will last and I'm too cheap to upgrade my service package just for one show.

The only thing vehicle-wise I've noticed so far is whoever put together the sets has never seen the inside of an M-1 Abrams. Also, I'm not sure but I don't think the M-1 has a bottom escape hatch.

Interesting that these zombies seem to track on sound and smell.
Yeah that bottom escape hatch was a deus ex machina in my opinion.

I saw the first episode, and I liked it alot! Im a strong believer that something like this could happen.

Can you watch it online anywhere?
There's a couple of sites that leads to more sites on where the videos are hosted. Just gotta look. :compwork:

I haven't watched it. I'm kinda over the whole zombie thing. Its been so over-saturated lately. Almost as bad as vampires.

I like it, i got the DVR to record the series

i made my wife watch it cause she likes that vampire diaries show. i told her my zombies will kick her vampires arses, she didn't believe me that this was a good show 10 min in she was at the edge of here seat screaming at the tv :D

I loved the premier episode. The only zombie that was cheezy to me was the little girl, but i forgive them.

The tank was a M60 with a body kit made to resemble a M1. The M60 did have a bottom hatch.

Well that explains the slight "v" shape of the lower hull.

i only saw the first few minutes of the first episode at a friends house before Halloween mayhem ensued. but i really like it, im a zombie connoisseur you can say. and i give really wish i had cable or something to watch it

Liked the pilot. "Hey, dumba** - yeah, you in the tank," was kinda cool as a final sequence.

Wasn't as keen on the following episode, but it was still decent. Too many plot holes (you're a small-town cop; why the hell are you doing something as stupid as going into Atlanta?) for my liking, but still watchable. I'll give it three more episodes to find its stride, but my opinion is that it'll have a hard time not being a one-trick pony.

I thought the "dumba**" remark was kind of funny too. Until I realize they're using (apparently)hand-held police radios. I'm pretty sure that:
one - police radios don't operate on the same freq. as military radios.
two - even if they did, the mil. unit is manually operated multi-freq. Most current police radios are auto-freq.-skipping and encoded. The odds of a random tank radio set to that specific police freq. would be pretty high/against.
Three - most important: How long has that tank been sitting there with the master power switch on? I'm thinking dead battery.

Oh well, rack it all up to Hollywood jacko**s who don't know what they're talking about. Back to enjoying watching civ. collapse,..

I'm not real familiar with the "Walking dead" comics,(picked up a compilation once) but after watching the show, I did a little internet browsing. Apparently, if the show follows the comics, most/all of the current cast are going to get killed off.

Back