• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New IRON ROCK OFFROAD ROCK-LINK long arm set up

NateColson89

NAXJA Forum User
Hey hows it going? Ive been trying to do a little research into the new IRON ROCK ROCK-LINK 6.5 long arm kit

was just wondering if anyone has ordered it and currently have it in their rig???

Is it better than the long arm kit they have had for years? PROS CONS??

Good starting point if you haven't check it out already

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1144323&page=3

To answer the comparison from the Y link to the new 3 link. I personally think its a big improvement over the Y link. No more silly castor adjustment and true 3 link. For the price seems like it could be a great kit. I have some IRO stuff and have always been happy with it. Don't run their lift so can't comment on ride, etc.

I think most lift kits come with some type of crap you don't need. However, the 3 link itself seems pretty solid. I am about to finish installing it myself. I would not run their Y link, as I don't like the potential failure point with the casto adjustment. Also, I will be welding the crossmember onto my stiffeners, as 3 bolts per side might not be enough when bouncing off rocks.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Good starting point if you haven't check it out already

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1144323&page=3

To answer the comparison from the Y link to the new 3 link. I personally think its a big improvement over the Y link. No more silly castor adjustment and true 3 link. For the price seems like it could be a great kit. I have some IRO stuff and have always been happy with it. Don't run their lift so can't comment on ride, etc.

What do you mean by "silly castor adjustment"?

BTW., it's caster. Castor is an oil. Just for accuracy. But I don't know what you mean by the caster adjustment being silly.

The y link features as swiveling bracket instead of an adjustable link. People flame it because it doesn’t replace the 10mm bolt with anything bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I replaced my Cavfab alpha kit with iron rocks rock link. Much stronger. There are some quirks with the rock link that I'm not fond of, but it's minor details as once you have it setup they don't matter. The upper link has to be bolted to the crossmember before you install the crossmember because of clearance issues. Changing the caster is a pain in the ass. You have to let the axle droop, or lift the body up enough to rotate the upper. Lower it back down then check it again.

All that being said, the rock link is the superior 3 link on the market. I had my Cavfab kit for 8 months or so. And bent a lower arm. Then the guy I sold it to just bent an upper.
14216adb7cd464b6e1fef295676c57d3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

been eyeing this kit as well, time to hack the drop brackets off.

Back