• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you want to do in 2012?

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
Happy New Year!

So what events, trail rides, get-togethers, etc do you guys want to do?

Of course we will be having the annual Sierra Fest event sometime in the summer, which we will announce later on, but as far as everything else goes, feel free to throw out some ideas and get the ball rolling.

In 2012 my Jeep will likely be in the garage on jack stands so other than Sierra Fest I probably will not be taking any lead roles in hosting/leading any trail rides this year.

Post up what you want to do and if you are willing to plan and lead.

I was thinking it would be cool to have a weekly or bimonthly meeting spot to grab food or hang out with local NAXJAers...and maybe other wheelers? I got the idea from a few local hang outs I go to that have classics and hot rods and thought it would rock to have a meeting spot for wheelers.

If you are talking about the May event we did last year, then yes I would like this to be an annual event. We'll just need some other Reno guys that can step in as trail leaders this year.

If we get some set dates then I could take time off and lead the group for a few days

I'm looking forward to a repeat of Deer Valley and Slick Rock for Sierra Fest. I'd also like to run the Rubicon with NAXJA. I'm also in favor of Alex E's meeting idea.

Rubicon and Dusy have been on my list.

I would like to get back up to Reno again for some more fun, without the near arrest this time LOL.

Gold Lake area would be a great chill camping weekend.

Josh

Gold Lake area would be a great chill camping weekend.

Ooh! I agree. I wonder if you could tie a fordyce all the way to meadow lake during the week, into a gold lake / snake lake wheeling weekend trip together... :thumbup:

I was thinking it would be cool to have a weekly or bimonthly meeting spot to grab food or hang out with local NAXJAers...and maybe other wheelers? I got the idea from a few local hang outs I go to that have classics and hot rods and thought it would rock to have a meeting spot for wheelers.

That would be killer!

Over the summer I'd love to run strawberry pass, the rubicon, and fordyce... As well as multiple trips up to SR/DV.

And hopefully some snow wheeling (during winter of course).

I'd like to make it out to the coloradofest as well. It's a stretch, but I want to do it.

I would like to do Rubicon, Dusey and Henness Pass in 2012.

Also, I think in order for an effective bimonthly or weekly 4x4 hang out to happen we would probably have to set up a few locations, Bay Area folks, Sacramento, Reno...etc. I wouldn't mind to have a meeting spot in the central valley where the majority of the Sierra Chapter could meet and hang out every few months. Any ideas? Would this be XJ exclusive or just a fun fest of any wheelers we can gather to take over a parking lot for a few hours?

I'm totally down for DV, Slickrock, and I NEED to run the Con this year.

I'm locked on 33's now, no excuses.

I am going to add a quick over night run in Hollister hills to the list.

we have to do the reno trails again?(fri- sun? ) this is a must
day 1 dolores, billy bob or twister or both , moonrocks, tonka night run(and the gatekeeper)
bronco ,(havent done budweiser yet or school bus but those soud fun too)

overnight to hell hole(go up fri or sat come back sun)

seirra fest with SR/DV/ with super late night runs on SR

couple runs to the con

id love to run the dusy this year

really want to do barret lake this year

and fordyce as well.

gold lake was fun so id be down for a weekend out there as well.

I would like to get back up to Reno again for some more fun, without the near arrest this time LOL.

Josh

are you talking about when that cop almost ran me over and was pissed off that i was running through the street drunk?

I would like to do Rubicon, Dusey and Henness Pass in 2012.

QUOTE]

what/ where is henness pass?

Heness Pass is a easy trail but something on my list, its fine for stock XJ's even. It goes from Verdi Nevada (by Cabalas off 80) and runs 75 miles over the Sierras to highway 49 in California. Its the old "safer" bypass after the Donner party happened. Its more of a historical and scenic drive then anything, but should be a great drive to camp a night, bbq and drink???

are you talking about when that cop almost ran me over and was pissed off that i was running through the street drunk?

O chit! Did you have a your pants on at least?

Heness Pass is a easy trail but something on my list, its fine for stock XJ's even. It goes from Verdi Nevada (by Cabalas off 80) and runs 75 miles over the Sierras to highway 49 in California. Its the old "safer" bypass after the Donner party happened. Its more of a historical and scenic drive then anything, but should be a great drive to camp a night, bbq and drink???

Thay sounds like a great run. I would be in for that.

Back