• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight\fog light switch

88 Wagonman

NAXJA Forum User
Just curious if anyone has replaced the factory headlight switch with one from a different vehicle that has the fogs built in? I have been looking at the junk yard and have found many that look appealing, but none that will fit in the factory location easily. Any ideas?

I know this doesnt help...but may I ask why? I mean what would you do with the stock fog light switch after the swap?

~Scott

Or if you don't have a factory fog switch, wire 'em through a relay on the low beam circuit?

I know this doesnt help...but may I ask why? I mean what would you do with the stock fog light switch after the swap?

~Scott
I don't have the factory fog light switch, but I do plan to put a dimmer switch for the interior lights there if I put in a switch without the dimmer. The reason I want to do this is because my Jeep is my hobby. I like to make it different than other Jeeps, and a little more interesting. I was thinking of using a switch like this one: http://shop.oreillyauto.com/Product...IE&MfrPartNumber=HL21269&PartType=408&PTSet=A
It pulls out for foglights.

I don't know if it is different throughout the years but my 97 is prewired for foglights. They just end in a plug behind the bumper and a plug by the cigarette lighter. I think all you would need to do is put a fuse in the correct fuse slot and get a switch.

I don't know if it is different throughout the years but my 97 is prewired for foglights. They just end in a plug behind the bumper and a plug by the cigarette lighter. I think all you would need to do is put a fuse in the correct fuse slot and get a switch.
I already have the foglights wired in, I am just wanting to put in a switch that's a little different than stock.

Back