• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little bit more up little more in the pockets

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
95 xj 3.5" RE coils, RE end links, Rustys 4.5" lift LCA's and Uca's rustys 3" aal, Mj Shackles Rustys trac bar (shitty), 33"x12.50 bfg at's. This is my current setup.

I wouls like a littel more height but I do not want to spend alot.

Buy RE 4.5" Coils, Tera flex quick disconnects, TnT customs trac bar and 1.5" Boomerang shackles added to my rustys 3"aal, T case drop (until i can afford sye and shaft) and I already have sky jacker shocks for 4 to 5 inches lift +, since I have no rear bump stops b/c they rotted off get extended rear bump stops and front bump stops.

This will total about $500 after I re gear the axels this spring.
sounds like a good idea to me any input?

Sounds like an expensive inch of lift. And with the t-case drop you´re loosing ground clearance again.

I think the money is better spent on a locker or two and getting rid of the t-case drop, if you´ve already one. Adding lockers will take you to new places while wheeling, whereas one inch of lift won´t take you to so much new places, I think.

from what i understand, longer shackles with aal is a bad idea. hopefully someone who knows more than i will chime in

I'm with BlueGerbil. Just locked my heap and it's the best thing I've ever done - I'm going places I wouldn't have dreamed of before. You going to have your diffs open for gears anyway right...?

Last edited:
Ok well this is why I posted, to get more opinions. So say I keep the height I have w/ my 33's until I run across some Inexpensive coils/leafpacks, Upgrade to tera flex discos, and a steering box brace (Crok and rustysor home made) and put that money towards the 4:56 gears I am already saving for now, What kind of locker is best for a DD $$$$ wise and what should I do first if I choose one, front or rear?

I am picking up the 8.25 4:56 in about two weeks and then I will save for fronts and install kits, and locker.

Is that the better way to go avoiding adding mroe height, locking the axles and beefing up a few other things?

Back