• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bosch 4 hole injectors

1993 Red XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed the 4 hole upgrade injectors. It now takes 4 seconds to start now. It is running rich and burning lots of gas. Is this normal or did I get defective ones?

1. Did you get the right ones?
  2. Did you grease the o-rings before installing them?
  3. Are they leaking?
  4. Did you reinstall everything you took out?
  5. Did you reset the computer?

And, no, it's not normal for MPG to suffer once everything settles down. New injectors smoothed out my idle significantly, but I attribute that more to replacing a 25yo part that needed replacement.

I've done this swap several times over. First questions I had is are they the correct ones. And we're they used or rebuilt.
I would double check everything like dan1977p said. When I did the injector upgrade it always went smoothly. Last time it was rebuilt/reconditioned ones from eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought them off someone from this site Remanufactured injectors. 784's for a 01 jeep cherokee. Yes I greased the o-rings. No they are not leaking on the intake manifold. Everything was installed just the way I found it from the original. I did reset the computer.

What year?????? It makes a difference. 1993?

Why did you replace them? Was there a problem before. Is it running smooth or rough? Did you disconnect the O2 sensor and forget to reconnect it? Did you forget to reconnect a vacuum line?

I bought them off someone from this site Remanufactured injectors. 784's for a 01 jeep cherokee. Yes I greased the o-rings. No they are not leaking on the intake manifold. Everything was installed just the way I found it from the original. I did reset the computer.

Fuel pressure for an 01 is higher than a 93, you may have the wrong injectors.

Ran fine with the stock injectors.

I'd put the stock ones back in after a good soak. I only changed mine because of a rough idle and I threw the dice hoping for some improvement. Runs smoother and that was it. There isn't any real evidence proving they are an improvement in every day application over the 1 hole injectors; just internet conjecture based on sound theory.

I just did the Bosch EV6 0280155784 [FONT=&quot]on my 99 xj,
same results. smoking, running real rough and have to floor the pedal just to make it go. I did grease the new o-rings, plug everything in right, ect....its a good install. Guess the old stock injectors are going back in. I was doing the quadratech insulation kit and added the injectors same time. I just hope the old ones still run OK.
[/FONT]

Back