• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 30 spline axle seals help

JonBoy81

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
Forgive me for not searching more, im in the middle of a ring and pinion replacement.

I have a 91 XJ with HP D30 up front.

I bought it used and it has Superior 30 spline axles. When I ordered my gears, I ordered Spicer seals, not knowing for sure what axles were in it.

Now that Im into it, the seals dont seem to be the right size for the axles.
Can anyone confirm this? Im trying to finish this weekend and need to source the proper seals.
Thanks in advance.

Is the axle a CAD conversion, or non CAD?
IF NON CAD.
You can order/get either TJ Rubicon front axle seals. OR JK front axle seals for 07-2012 Dana 30 OR Dana 44 as they both take the same sales, and same as the TJ Rubi D44)

Thank you for the responses.
Saturday evening was mainly spent getting the axle u-joints out, as they were tkast and probably contributed to the ring gear failure. Those were 5-760X and I found them sourced locally.
Saturday night, I found the info on the seals, as well as a spicer part number that no parts store could cross reference.
Sunday, I found the info on the rubicon (unicorn to a parts store, many dont have it in the search criteria).
After headaches with parts stores, I found a dealer open and got the factory part number whkch is also the same for ateast some unlimiteds and JKs.
That part number was 5014852AB, which i referenced to oreillys and found a part.
No stores nearby had the seal. One in a store 30 mins away, one in a store an hour away.

Sunday 3:00 parts store only got one seal, one of the transferring stores didnt actually have the seal to transfer. Made it to the dealer by 3:45, they close at 4.
Paid $8 for one seal, and $30 for the other.

Got everything back together by 8pm.

Hopefully the part numbers will benefit someone in the future.

Back