• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding Table

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
Post up pictures of your welding table.

I'm building one out of 1/8" 3x1.5 rectangle with 1/4" plate as the top. I know a everybody says go as thick as possible, 1/4" should work for the projects I plan to do.

Here is what I have so far:
20150922_172250_zps2r3ignpy.jpg

20150922_182118_zpslm6ikv68.jpg

20150922_172253_zpsr4eyqaze.jpg

Still trying to get better penetration, but I don't have 220 in the garage yet.
20150922_181138_zps1kgmaqsh.jpg

When I moved the shop I purchased the 4 x 10 table that was at the property, plenty big but I wanted a table with slots for clamping.
welding1.jpg

So I made a few of these, they are 3/8" top and 3/16 legs. The 4x10 is now used for larger odd ball jobs and automotive work. No oil on these new tables haha

welding2.jpg

welding3.jpg

Your 3/8" top is definitely strong enough to clamp to, doubt my 1/4" would be. But like your first picture, I only plan on setting bumpers, sliders, crossmembers on it to give my back and knees a break.

Here's what I made for my shop many years ago, it's small and light, only 1/8" thick, but the smaller stuff I put on it, works just fine.

PA032093.jpg

Got a few of these 1 1/2" tables back when the economy took a dump, they went so cheap at auction some guys bought about 10 of em to cut up to make weight boxes.
pJ5jIVd.jpg

Probably around a ton, the 3/8 wall square tube that the base is made of isn't helping the weight either

Last edited:
Here's the start to mine. My neighbor's kids broke the glass out of their basketball backboard. He was gonna throw this away. It's built from 1.5" square tube and measures 42" x 60" perfectly square and flat. I'll use this for the top, just needs legs, bracing and the steel plate for the top surface.

First, IT'S NOT MINE! http://bruckerbrothersltd.com/

I saw this on a local board and want one, yesterday. :)

Brucker said:
I built my fab table. It is a 4' x 8' table with a 1/2" thick top. The top surface is 41" off the ground. That might sound fairly tall but it saves my back from always having to bend over when working. The main structure is 3" x 3" x 1/4" sq tubing. And the large casters (2 straight, 2 pivoting) are greaseable and each have a 1500 lbs capacity meaning it can support quite a bit of weight. The top surface is flat within about .020" in any direction. I have a 5" x 5" bolt hole pattern drilled and tapped in it. Under the top surface is storage of different types.

2013-03-14_18-14-28_49.jpg

2015-08-01_23-31-37_187.jpg

I snagged a table from an old mill or grinder that has T-slots and rigged it to tilt and put some wheels on it. It has a nice pair of rails on the back that works will for some other circumstances.

Untitled by barnstormerbikes, on Flickr

Untitled by barnstormerbikes, on Flickr

I also have a 4'X5' table topped with 1/4". Over the years it's sagged quite a bit. I look forward to a larger table at some point.

no pics, but my table is 4' x 8', 3/4" plate, 4x4x1/4 legs, & some massive casters i had stashed. i added an adjustable truss system underneath it to allow for any bowing caused by heavy loads.

In hindsight, I wish I would've made my table 8'x3'...reaching things across the table is impossible and I have it up against the wall in my garage due to space. For a home hobbyist with my skills and projects my table is too big.

Back