• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lisle spill free funnel.

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
Im sure many of you guys on the pro side have worked with these before, but I wanted to make a thread to recommend these for jeep owners who dislike coolant burping, or have trouble getting 100% of the air out of jeep 4.0 based engines.

Tor9R5f.jpg

Basically you take your rad cap off, screw on the appropriate peices, fill the funnel 2/3rds of the way full,then warm your engine up past the thermostat temp, and since the top of the funnel is now the highest part of the engine, bubbles rise to the top. After you run the engine long enough to get all the air out, you squeeze a radiator hose with one hand, then put in the stopper to plug the funnel. Release the radiator hose, and remove the funnel. If you do this right, you wont spill a drop! And have no bubbles!

Genius!

I've been wanting one of those. Where do you get one and how much are they?

Bought it on amazon for about $25 bucks, comes with like 10 fittings/caps for other cars, and a couple angle peices for minivans and such.

I use mine all the time,lets the air out and keeps the mess in.

I used to use that a lot at work. Then I got an airlift. Even better but more $$$. Funnel works great tho for low cost, but be careful and leave the coolant low in it when you burp it, as air pockets working out when the tstat opens can cause some violent boiling/erupting/overflowing coolant out of the funnel.

the wife's volvo has it buried below a bunch of crap and it's at about 45* angle.

you're not getting it without a funnel and a hose.
Measurements were real handy to get it just right without over filling it and having to suck out fluid.

Back