• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to easily get the gas out of a junk yard jeep

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
i have to take a parts jeep to the junkyard
no axles or tires
was gonna drag it outta the garage, with a homemade " sled outta some 4x4's in the rear and throw some control arms on a dummy front axle.
picknpull will take it but it has to be on blocks in the alley if no tires or axles.
i want to get the gas outta the tank.
i feel that drilling a hole may or may not be safe.
if there a sure thing other than siphon old gas ?

Just a random thought, but does the fuel pump still work?

Why not hook a battery up to the fuel pump, and cut the fuel line. Run it into your container of choice. This will most likely burn up the pump if you run the tank dry, but if you are junking it, why do you care?

x3, and if that isn't practical you can buy a siphon transfer pump at Walmart for under $5.

i like the pump idea...
i have a spare battery...

just throw a match in there, that will get the gas out......

disclaimer: it will work, but if you actually try that you will die instantly from ghonnaherpasyphlaids

you can siphon it out, it is difficult to get the hose down in there, but it can be done. Or run the fuel pump, or take the fuel pump out.

or pull the tanks and drain it...

We';ve done the fuel pump method on a Comanche before and its worked out great.

Don't drill a hole in the tank. People on this forum love junkyard parts. Somone will probably buy it, put it in their Jeep, then wonder WTF. If you put a hole in it, make it big (6" or more), so we can see it later. If you pump it out, please spray it lightly with oil to preserve the tank for future JY salvation.

Back