• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bosh 9580810019 fuel pump rubber caps

mhead

NAXJA Forum User
Hi All,

My 1992 XJ 4.0 4 door 4X4 with auto tranny has a factory fuel pump which has "BOSH 9580810019" stamped on it. A Google search for this number brings back Amazon and Summit as possible suppliers. The pictures at these sites show the correct pump. Searches for this number here on NAXJA return two threads mentioning this pump.

There are two rubber caps, one at each end of the pump, that are used to install this pump into the next assembly which is the wiring harness, fuel float, and associated tubes.

My rubber caps are old and stiff. They broke when I removed the old pump.

Does anyone know a part number for these rubber caps or some source where they can be obtained as new parts?

Thanks!
Mike

Seems like the last time I did a fuel pump on my 94 the caps were in the box with the pump. Of course that was a while ago.

I called the Summit folks who in their turn called Bosh and inquired if the 9580810019 pump has the rubber caps packed with the pump. Someone at Bosh went out to stock and looked. Nope.

My rubber caps are shot from 25 years in gas so I can not use the pump unless I can find some source for the caps. I'll try the Jeep dealer but I have little hope.

The Bosch person recommended the 69302 which is also mentioned here at NAXJA in many fuel pump posts. Amazon has these and at the best price I found. The Bosch www site crows about their improved technology

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/fuel-pumps/fuel-pumps?partID=69302

I guess I'll go 69302 since the 9580810019 choice is looking like it is not an option. I'll be betting that in 25 years they've actually improved their product and it will equal or exceed the older pump.

I called the Summit folks who in their turn called Bosh and inquired if the 9580810019 pump has the rubber caps packed with the pump. Someone at Bosh went out to stock and looked. Nope.

My rubber caps are shot from 25 years in gas so I can not use the pump unless I can find some source for the caps. I'll try the Jeep dealer but I have little hope.

The Bosch person recommended the 69302 which is also mentioned here at NAXJA in many fuel pump posts. Amazon has these and at the best price I found. The Bosch www site crows about their improved technology

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/fuel-pumps/fuel-pumps?partID=69302

I guess I'll go 69302 since the 9580810019 choice is looking like it is not an option. I'll be betting that in 25 years they've actually improved their product and it will equal or exceed the older pump.

I just put that pump in the 88MJ project. The plastic spacer is nice and fits the sending unit but I was not able to get one of those clamps provided on the pump end.

Mine are all 87-89 Renix, probably a different part, but when RockAuto closed out the Bosch Renix pump inventory they came with all the rubbers and clamps, caps, hose, etc.

Good luck.

I just put that pump in the 88MJ project. The plastic spacer is nice and fits the sending unit but I was not able to get one of those clamps provided on the pump end.

So I guess the 92 Bosch does work on the 87-90 Renix?

I wonder why they would stop putting in the other hardware. Maybe they have a hardware kit? Or are there 2 part numbers, one being the bare pump only?

So I guess the 92 Bosch does work on the 87-90 Renix?

I wonder why they would stop putting in the other hardware. Maybe they have a hardware kit? Or are there 2 part numbers, one being the bare pump only?

The pump he linked is in the mj I'm working on with my son. It came with everything in that picture. IIRC the renix fuel pump was longer than the ho pump. I could be wrong and they could have been the same length.

The pump he linked is in the mj I'm working on with my son. It came with everything in that picture. IIRC the renix fuel pump was longer than the ho pump. I could be wrong and they could have been the same length.

Didn't the HO pump change to a higher pressure pump around OBD-II 1996?

Yes the OBD II change was 96.

Back