NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old April 15th, 2018, 12:34
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Projext "V8 XJ" Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoSmasho View Post
If you have a paid membership you can. Jeep looks sick man. Makes me wish i didnt treat mine like crap.

You could also try tapatalk. Thats what i use. It hosts the pics for me right from my phone and it will resize them for you as you post. Gives you three size options too.
Yea I know you can get a membership but why strip that capability on a forum. This is the only one that does that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
Not to hijack, but tapatalk hasn't been working for me lately. I can access all the forums and subforums, click a thread to open and it spins forever. maybe I need to update it or something....

Rig looks awesome!! How much did your shackle relo kits add in lift? about to put mine on and not sure which front coil to pair up with them. I have extended shackles as well.
The bolt on relocation kits add about 1-2" of lift. How much lift are you going for?
Old April 15th, 2018, 12:36
NAXJA Forum User

Ok, We're getting this thing going again!

Ordered some injector spacers so I can use the stock truck injectors with the LS6 fuel rail. These weren't available when I first started the project but would have made things a lot easier.

I also ordered an Art Carr shifter....Lets see if we can make it work. I ordered the stock rock crawler pattern (i can go from drive to reverse in a straight shot).
Old April 16th, 2018, 14:59
NAXJA Forum User

I'm also re-doing a few things:

ORDERED:
Novak Radiator
Novak Fan Kit
Novak Fuel reg. bypass.
New fuel module
Old April 16th, 2018, 15:03
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Yea I know you can get a membership but why strip that capability on a forum. This is the only one that does that.

The bolt on relocation kits add about 1-2" of lift. How much lift are you going for?
got 4.5" on there now using a full spring pack and stock shackles. Need to get to 6.5" in hopes of clearing 37s. Been told it will net 2" with extended shackle, so was just confirming...
Old April 17th, 2018, 20:46
NAXJA Member

The art car shifters are awesome! And I love my Novak radiator, it works extremely well with the V8. I'm running it in a closed system with an expansion tank. The new rig is awesome BTW!

When you want to be someone you drive a lifted JK, when you already know who you are you drive an old XJ.
Old April 18th, 2018, 15:56
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydefrog View Post
The art car shifters are awesome! And I love my Novak radiator, it works extremely well with the V8. I'm running it in a closed system with an expansion tank. The new rig is awesome BTW!
I'm excited to get it. I hope it can keep up in the Vegas heat. I'll be running it as an open system just like the stock XJ.
Old April 18th, 2018, 21:16
NAXJA Member

I have towed in 110 heat with hills and it did fine. Running two 10" spal fans a a small cheap 8" fan. Rarely are both spams on and I run around 200f. Also I found that a small oil cooler really helps with the overall temp, something to consider....

When you want to be someone you drive a lifted JK, when you already know who you are you drive an old XJ.
Old April 20th, 2018, 12:42
NAXJA Forum User

Ordered:
- Fuel system check valve (I noticed longer than normal cranking times before)
- More -6 AN hose so I can re-do a few lines (Novak radiator also doesnt have a transmission cooler so I'll have to re-do those lines.
- New fuel pump module (might as well fix it now because I'm basically re-starting this swap)