• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1987 upgrade to 2000

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
I have an option to buy a 2000 Cherokee with low(ish) mileage.

My question is... my 87 has the Nates 4x4 slimline front winch bumper and the JCR spare tire rear bumper. Oh yea JCR sliders too... is there any cahnce they can move to a 2000? I would not care if they have to be welded.

Thanks... in Advance for the input!

The bumpers will transfer just fine. Justins was n old body style and everything fit on mine with no issues. Is the new XJ a 4 door? If so I'm not sure that the sliders would be the same length, you would want to check. If anything your 2 door ones might just be a little shorter. I dont think your quarter guard will bolt up though, but maybe could work with some elbow grease.

Darn I just picked up the quarter guards from powder coating... forgot about them :( They did a GR8 job too! I think I could / would try and modify... I have a BFH ;)

Yes this is a 4dr...

I bet you could make them fit. The sliders should work too, they just might be a few inches shorter than 4 door ones, I'm not sure though. How was the wounded warrior run?

The wounded warrior run is this weekend... I can no longer go :( discovered my d44 is leaking at the passager side seal. I'm parked at an angle in the drivway and diff fluid is just running out. I'm going to replace this weekend.
I'm going to probaly swap the D44 into the 2000 if I get it too...

Also contemplateing the front too but only because of gearing and the aussie. I am going to the 2000 this evening... is a 2000 a vacume disconnect too??? I wonder the gearing? I have 4.56's

2000 is a non disco, but it might be a low pinion. If it is your better off keeping the disco, and swapping the shafts or getting rid of the vaccum like you were talking about. I think the low pinion shafts would work in the disco axle though.

Yeah you could use the shafts out of the 2000 to put into your old housing. only problem is that you cannot put your disconnect shaft back into the 87 if that is what you were wanting to do.

rockrails and everything are the same. Sliders, doesnt matter if its two or 4 door, the rocker is the same length. The rear gas tank skid is different though, even though it hasnt been brought up.

BFH and plasma cutter work well for the mods u will need rodger....lol...

Yea, the Thor guards may be a PIA to move. I will have to check about my gas tank skid... but it and the transfer skid will probably remain on the 2dr.

The 2dr will be kept for off road adventures and the 2000 for my camping and expo trips towing he off road trailer.

I have an early model gas tank skid on mine, so does Will, I think. You just have to trim the rear portion of it untill it fits down over the tank. It took maybe 30 min to get it fitted to mine.

Might be tougher with a non OEM gas tank skid (read: thicker).

I don't see the quarter guards working. Not only is the rear quarter different length between 2 and 4 door, but the taillights and possibly the body contours are different between the years.

I got the thor guards from Justin... I believe his was a 4dr but not sure what year. I have a BFH and will make them work ;) I'm not worried about the cosmetics.

The gas skid will stay on my 4dr since I gave the OEM one away :)

justins was a 96' , thor gaurds will fit your two door but b a little short, they wont tit 97' and up... body too round

Back