• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepers and Creepers cables

XJ4PLAY

NAXJA Member #1194
does anyone have experience with these replacement battery cables?

if so, how do you like them?
would you recommend them?

are there others that you would recommend?

thank you

Last edited:
I have them, got them about 2 years ago. Install was simple. I had to enlarge the hole on the starter cable when I installed my Mean Green starter last year, but that's the only "issue" I've had, if you can even call it that. I also got the quick disconnect terminals. I like these 'cause I don't have to mess with wrenches when I wanna disconnect my battery to do electrical work to the truck; however, I've had the ground wiggle its way loose a couple times causing the voltage gauge to bury itself at 19 volts and scare the sh!t out of me. All told though I'm happy with them and combined with the redtop optima they've served me very well.

Last edited:
I installed a set a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier with them. They're very beefy and gave my starter a shot in the arm.
James(from J&C) is also a really good guy to deal with and has donated to NAXJA in the past.

Jes

I don't know what they charge but I'm a firm believer in using welding leads. They are cheap, strong, very flexible, and available in as big a size as you could want. I replaced ALL my cables with either 1.0 or 0 gage.

I put them on last year. Actually the first mod I did to the XJ. I think you could make them cheaper, but the cables are still a great addition. especially if you plan on using a winch.

Derik

I replaced all my wires with 4 gauge... much bigger than that wont give ya hardly anymore of benifit (but it sure cost alot more). With the wires and ends... cost me about 20 bucks.

Drunk tank said:
I replaced all my wires with 4 gauge... much bigger than that wont give ya hardly anymore of benifit (but it sure cost alot more). With the wires and ends... cost me about 20 bucks.

Agreed, do it yourself if you're at all mechanically inclined. If you feel like spending $90 on battery cables, the J&C set is a good one.

Big DaveXJ said:
Agreed, do it yourself if you're at all mechanically inclined. If you feel like spending $90 on battery cables, the J&C set is a good one.

I agree, if I hadn't gotten three and a half deals on them I probably wouldn't have gotten them. However I got them with my ARB bullbar and he worked out a package deal on them for me.

Drunk tank said:

Where did you get that idea from?
Here is a wire guage calculator:
http://www.partsexpress.com/resources/cablecalc.html
If you have a high amp (150+amp) alternator, 2.0 guage wire is the minimum recommended. I wouldn't use anything less than 1.0 ga for winching.

For my particular setip its more than fine. I dont have winch or any of that high draw stuff. but you are right... with something like a winch and a HO alternator, bigger would be much better

4.0 should be fine for what you're running. I have a 165 amp alternator filling 2 Optimas with juice. They are providing power for a Ramsey RE12,000, 800 total watts of aux lighting, a 3/4 HP air compressor, and dual electric fans.

Back