• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Collision damaged xj and bent unibody

kwlskr

NAXJA Forum User
42c807f4ec7d9a6391ea5e04df18b5d2.jpg
a6ead4f9dec010dc3371975a84c9b2a1.jpg

Just wondering if this i should attempt to fix this or not waste my time.... I've had the jeep like this since I bought and and used it as a daily driver for almost a year, just want to build a budget jeep for trails and fun...etc

Not very experienced in auto body or welding but i do have a can-do attitude! 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you fix it, yes!

Will it look good...probably not the greatest.

You can cut out the rockers and put in 2x6, cut and fold the rear fenders then try to smooth out the sheetmetal as much as possible.

Think that rear seat support might be something you can buy separately (like floorpans or door skins), or just go to a junkyard, cut that piece out of a wreck, and install in your rig via glue-and-screw.

(edit) forgot - if you splice in a new piece on that side, leave a couple inches of overlap for attaching to the existing one once you cut out the kinked bit...

Sounds good! If I decide to tackle this I will definitely take pictures and post on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back