• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adj Trac Bar/Drop Pitman/CA Drop Kit Questions

xj88RoKK

NAXJA Forum User
As the title states, I have a few questions about my next order.

I currently have a 1993 Country ripped to pieces in my garage. I have a RC 4.5 kit sitting next to it. I picked it up second hand off of CL.

It came with LCA's and I have read that I may not need UCA's so I am not ordering them this time around.

I have the Rough Country Adj Trac Bar/ Drop Pitman Arm and CA Drop Kit in my "cart" on Rough Country's website.

Q1) Is the Drop Pitman Arm actually needed at 4.5-5.5 inches of lift? (havent decided on Coil Spring Spacers yet). I also recall seeing them for ~$40 somewhere else. Opposed to $52.95.

Q2) Would you recommend this Adj Trac Bar over any of the others available?

Q3) If the RC 4.5" lift kit comes with aftermarket LCA's should I use my stock ones when I install the CA Drop Brackets? Or are they the same length just a stronger material?

Thank you!

That trackbar is no better than stock. Things are usually cheap for a reason. I've never ran that trackbar, but I would recommend RE1600 or RE1660 instead of RC, at least for the trackbar. I have the RC 4.5" lift btw, it's aight. The shocks suck some serious sack though.

You don't need drop brackets, I would wait on that expense if you're on a budget. you don't need to change the angle of the steering until like 6.5". I'm running stock steering and its fine. Drop pitman arm is also antoehr waste of money at this point.

I would go bare bones lift then start throwing other upgrades along the way. Trust me, it's quite a funny addiction. This won't be the only time you're gonna want to upgrade

Should I run the shocks until they fail or should I purchase "better" ones now.

Is the Re 1660 worth having to buy the bracket too? Any insight?

I understand how it can become an addiction, haha. Thanks thus far.

the RE HD trackbar system with the brace in one of the best you can buy. but it is spendy.

and i would get the drop brackets. they greatly improve ride and off road performance. but you brought up the right question about arm length, with DB's at 4.5" of lift, the stock arms would probably be about the right length. are the current ones you have adjustable?

and like said, no need for the pitman arm

I would talk to Grimus, he is the RC vendor. You get a discount too!

As far as the RE T-B you can modify stock bracket, or have someone else mod it for you.
Long arms are your best bet, but DB's work for most.

I sent the user RoughCountry a PM asking about a possible discount, should I still talk to Grimus?

I heard nothing but good things about the Drop Brackets and they seem like a great upgrade.

No the LCA's I have are not adjustable. Looks like I have some measuring to do when I get out of work tonight.

As the title states, I have a few questions about my next order.

I currently have a 1993 Country ripped to pieces in my garage. I have a RC 4.5 kit sitting next to it. I picked it up second hand off of CL.

It came with LCA's and I have read that I may not need UCA's so I am not ordering them this time around.

I had the DB's with stock uppers and RC lowers. Worked fine. You MIGHT need adjustable lowers.

I have the Rough Country Adj Trac Bar/ Drop Pitman Arm and CA Drop Kit in my "cart" on Rough Country's website.

Q1) Is the Drop Pitman Arm actually needed at 4.5-5.5 inches of lift? (havent decided on Coil Spring Spacers yet). I also recall seeing them for ~$40 somewhere else. Opposed to $52.95.

If you are getting their double sheer adjustable trackbar, it REQUIRES a drop pitman arm so yes you will need it. I have their double sheer kit and tried to run it without a dpa but didn't work well.

Q2) Would you recommend this Adj Trac Bar over any of the others available?

I would look into others like Iron Rock, RE, or IronMan4x4fab. They all make better trackbars that are really thick. I swapped out my RC double sheer bar for Iron Man's and if you saw it, you would laugh at the difference.

Q3) If the RC 4.5" lift kit comes with aftermarket LCA's should I use my stock ones when I install the CA Drop Brackets? Or are they the same length just a stronger material?

You can use the stock ones with drop brackets. If you end up needing more caster adjustment then you can always pick up a set later.

Thank you!

answered with what i know....

I sent the user RoughCountry a PM asking about a possible discount, should I still talk to Grimus?

I heard nothing but good things about the Drop Brackets and they seem like a great upgrade.

No the LCA's I have are not adjustable. Looks like I have some measuring to do when I get out of work tonight.
Well, he is the resident vendor, so I think he takes care of that other username as well?

I recently installed the RC Control Arm drop brackets, running 4.5" of lift. Made an enormous difference in how the rig handled - much improved. I did install adjustable upper and lower control arms at the same time, as the lower were beat up, and I didn't like the cheesy feel of the uppers.

David Bricker / SYR

Ok thank you all for your input!

I'm going to install the lift as is and decide on the UCA's and LCA's as I run into problems. I have this luxury because this is not my current DD.

I will be ordering the RE 1660 track bar and its respective mount. I'd like this peace of mind because I hope to be going down to Rausch Creek a few times this summer, and I want to make this jeep as "road legal" as I can.

The Drop Brackets seem awesome but if I can avoid them for a while I will. Thank you for your help !!!

Ok thank you all for your input!

I'm going to install the lift as is and decide on the UCA's and LCA's as I run into problems. I have this luxury because this is not my current DD.

I will be ordering the RE 1660 track bar and its respective mount. I'd like this peace of mind because I hope to be going down to Rausch Creek a few times this summer, and I want to make this jeep as "road legal" as I can.

The Drop Brackets seem awesome but if I can avoid them for a while I will. Thank you for your help !!!

Order the brace also,it really helps stiffen up the front end,money well spent!

rough country part #1079 looks pretty thick, part #7575 looks like it would be close to stock looking . the 1079 comes with a bracket already too, do you guys still not like it. im in the market for a new trackbar , im @ 6" and i wheel in the texas hillcountry

look at clayton offroad's setup... they have a drop or non drop, both in double shear depending on what you need.

Back