• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

threaded rod / Metal grade Questions

Lucas

NAXJA Forum User
So I decided to get 1" ID tube inserts from poison spyder, and the thread they specify is 7/8"-14 . I checked out McMaster Carr's website and their shopping system is a little confusing. I can (sometimes) find the right thread and length rod that I need, but the only grade they have available are "B7" and "not rated".

I assumed that I would be needing grade 8 hardware. The rod is going to be used in various applications from making an adjustable tracbar to having adjustable radius arm links. Could someone please clarify what the "B" classifications mean , or even better, how to navigate the McMaster Carr website to find the appropriate threaded rod for my needs? Thanks.

found the answer to my question with wildcards in my search. At firtst "B7" was too short. go ahead and delete this post.

Back