• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 upcoutry - what parts are desirable

What do you mean -- The small EMU lift or the smaller upcountry lift

Remember this Up country just came into the picture today -- Yesterday I didn't even know it existed

I was hoping EMU springs as final lift -- Shackles in the rear if I need more -- Spacers up front -- Here on the forum it's unclear how much lift you need to clear the Driveshaft on a HP axle -- Some seem to work with almost nothing, some say 6" isn't enough

You don't need any lift to clear the drive shaft for the HP Dana 30. The drivers e shafts clears even with worn out massively sagging Springs. 33 inch tires is a different story.

My understanding is that on a 2000 you do due to the precats. Not so?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Some guys say you do others say nothing needed -- I can't find one definitive answer

It very well may be how your particular axle is positioned left to right by the trackbar

I'll be lifting only as much as needed -- I do want to regear to 456 and run 33"tires -- I want to keep center of Gravity low so I'll cut whatever is needed to make it work

Building this jeep for weekend overlanding adventures in the northeast class 6 road network -- lots of small boulders so ground clearance is a plus -- But I still need to be highway friendly too

I did talk to the guy with the XJ today -- It's a 97 country -- manufacture date of 5/97 so he assumed a 98 model year

The jeep has also been picked over -- Not just missing the transfer case -- We have adjusted the price -- basically getting the whole jeep at $50 over scrap -- Take my axle and cruise control and see what is salvageable

I'll put a post in the classifieds -- prices will be very reasonable -- basically parts for next to nothing just pay for my time to remove and ship

We don't have many XJ's in scrapyards around here -- when you do find one prices are at a premium so I don't want to send this till it's just a shell if I can help it

It's a dark blue -- Picked it up today -- interior is almost gutted - seats, door panels, dash cluster -- all the wood grain stuff is gone

Doors are complete other than the panels and switches -- full steering column, cruise is intact

Under hood is basically there - I noticed no AC pump -- fan shroud missing -- E fan is there -- all sensors and wiring harnesses are there -- Manifolds -- Guy was great, says it ran before he started taking it apart and I have no reason not to believe him

I'll put a post in the classifieds in the next few days see if anything will help others out...

Back