• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats?

Put a set of 2000 XJ seats in my 87. I bent the mounting brackets down and bolted them to a piece of angle iron bolted to the stock floor mounting holes on the front of the seat. I drilled new holes at the rear tabs and bolted them to the floor with heavy fender washers. Later seats are more comfortable than the earlier seats.

I just bought a passenger seat for the padding and cover to put in a '90 XJ driver seat.

I had to look at your profile to guess you are driving a '96 XJ. Some people take Grand Cherokee seats and bolt them to the seat brackets on the '95 and newer XJs.

Check into the Colorado Chapter, you never know what you might find in your own back yard: http://naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95

same bucket, keep going to the JY every few months to seek out a better condition one. Problem I'm at now is good condition driver seats are getting really hard to find and even if I do find one in good shape seat wise, 99% of the seat brackets are rusted out at the floor mounts. I've been on the hunt for aftermarket seat brackets.

As others pointed out the ZJ seat swap is pretty common, but it still requires you to use your stocker seat bracket to bolt it to(which only solves half of my problem).

Thanks for the replies! Sorry for the lack of info, '96 xj country! I tried a set of Corbeau sport seats as quadratechs site says direct fit, they are not & require seat brackets at over $100 per side pushing the total price over $800 for seats! The corbeaus are going back! I'll check out some salvage yards & keep watching CL!
Thanks
Troy

Back