• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is the best technique for waterboarding a jeep?

I emailed you some before and after photos of piston tops after waterboarding using my method. Takes about 4.59635 minutes to perform, not counting the time to fill the 32.854 ounce cup.

On second thought, Acetone, IPA alcohol and xylenes in the others would remove any lube, so the BG-44k would be the big the winner on that question as it is less than 2% aggressive solvent (xylene). But the BG-44k MSDS is missing 22% of the ingredients? The table only adds up to a max of 77.5%

Why did you ask?

Fresh up date worth reading at this link below!!!!

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=246509347#post246509347

I am thinking of using it to go after the carbon on the piston tops, and too clean up any issues on the piston rings. May be faster and safer than water. And work better on the load of crap on the top of the pistons on this beast I am working on.
I always thought you was sharp! Stubborn and impatient, but sharp. ;)

Now here is another thought: "Sometimes, you have to take it out on the highway and blow the cobwebs out!"

If you need for me to state a position on this, less is more!

Now here is another thought: "Sometimes, you have to take it out on the highway and blow the cobwebs out!"

Exactly.

Waterboard it and go drive the piss out of it.

I still have my sharp days, LMAO.

Just survived another year and BD too.

Sometimes you have to go back and look at your recent work.

So I solved this last problem.

Seems even a Master Jedi Jeep mechanic can make a rookie mistake :doh: and cross two spark plug wires, LMAO. Gotta love these EASY fixes that do not require pulling the timing chain cover, or a head job, or waterboarding the jeep :)

Had the #3 and #4 plug wires criss-crossed (probably when I index the dizzy (I can blaim it on Cruiser54, LOL) and swapped caps twice in the process, they got crossed). And it still ran like a beast above idle even with the 2 SPwires crisscrossed. These engines are beasts!!!!

Runs like a new engine for the first time in 13 years now even with serious carbon fouling, only 290,000 miles on it. The 87 Wagoneer XJ.

Oh, and the 13 year, 70,000 mile lifter tick has been gone since I took the valve cover off and sprayed the top of the lifters with MMO. Magic(LOL) Mystery Oil.

I may still use the compressed air siphon feed lance-gun I rigged up to spray MMO-PLUS into through the spark plug holes to soak the entire chamber, let it sit over night, then drive it hard before I put in new clean plugs and wires as a last step.

Back