• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why’s no one talking about it, the JL?

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Be it the truck version or not, the new JL line looks promising. I especially like the twin screw 4 banger mates to an 8 speed auto option. With a rubi driveline the crawl ratio factory would be great and still get decent mileage. Lots of good upgrades inside. Better approach/breakover/and departure angles. And a tad more wheelbase factory.

What does the peanut gallery think.

I don't bother to think about it because it costs too much.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I would rather keep my house!
Besides I rented a JK just to test it out and there is know way it was better enough than my XJ to justify the amount of money I would have to spend.

117” wasn’t long enough? It’s honestly not in my radar. The truck (assuming they actually released it) was something I’d consider if it had a diesel and a fully removable top. Even then, it’ll be way too expensive for me.

Every source I’ve seen says 116” on a JKU, and I measured mine at just shy of 117” after my adjustable control arms. Admittedly, despite that long ass WB it actually turned very well Offroad and rarely got hung up on the belly. It dragged the belly all over the place, but rarely got hung up by it.

They tightened turn radius and new approach, breakover, and departure angles are better than jk/jku. Thinking I might demo one once folks get them in

From Car and Driver, "The wheelbase increases by 1.4 inches to 96.8 in the two-door model, while the four-door’s axle span grows 2.4 inches to 118.4."

That said, after looking at it more it does have some nice features. My boss has the Ram 1500 Diesel and has loved it, so I'm glad they actually followed through on putting that in it. It does seem they kept the hard top fully removable instead of that weird sectioned roof thing they had in the prototypes. I also like that they made folding the windshield easier than on the JK. While I'm not happy to see the return of the D35 in the rear on non-Rubicon models, I actually do like the AWD option for them. Cost aside, I could see myself replacing the XJ with a 4dr Diesel. I'd be willing to bet with a 2" lift and 35's it would be a very capable family/scenic wheeler much like my JKUR was, except with the diesel it would actually have the fuel economy and power that I wanted. I could live with the limited slip and standard t-case to have that AWD mode in the winter for daily driving.

Maybe I'll keep my eye on them for a future used vehicle purchase after the Hyundai is paid off.

I see a variety of Dana axle models but non are listed as cad and none list the 35 either. I show the 44’s and the Dana m 210/220 options.

Car and Driver article mentioned the non-rubicon’s we’re getting a Dana 35 rear axle. That’d be my only concern with getting one. Hopefully if that is the case you’ll still have the option of upgrading to a rear D44, at least with the diesel. As previously stated, for me and my needs I’d rather have the AWD mode t-case and limited slip than the 4:1 and selectables. I’d basically be looking to build one just like my XJ or my JKU before I went to 37’s. Just a nice DD that’s overly capable at running the majority of trails here. 33’s are plenty actually but I like 35’s and with the extra WB of the 4dr the little bit of extra height is nice too.

Yeah like I said, I didn’t see the 35 listed as a rear anywhere. (The order forms for dealers is out and didn’t show that option).
I dig em man.

Re: The Colorado BS thread

JL Sport (standard)
M186 Front Axle / Next Generation Dana 44 HD Rear Axle

JL Sahara (standard)
205MM Front Axle / Next Generation Dana 44 HD Rear Axle

JL Rubicon (standard)
Dana M210 Wide Front Axle / Dana M220 Wide Rear Axle

JL Sahara (optional package)
205MM Front Axle / Dana M220 Rear Axle

Back